AX 2012 Production Picking list - Items returned

Hi,

I have ENDED a production order and i observed the following

Item X was issued twice, once 36 Qty and 6 qty. Since the 6 was wrongly issued, we RECEIVED it back by posting a Negative picking list. Now the stock is OK, but when i ENDED the Production order, the cost of this Negative Picking is not updated in the Inventory transactions. The cost amount is ZERO as shown in the attachment.

Why the cost is ZERO. I think it should have the same cost at which it was issued out.

Regards

Thomas Philipose

RO

Did you mark it from a lot perspective when you posted a negative picking list? It depends how you also created the picking list for the reversal. Also have you run the inventory close?

Hi,

I created the Picking list using ‘CREATE LINES’ option available on the Production picking list form. Here i use the FULL REVERSAL option and. I understand that System takes care of Lot ID if i follow the above steps.

About Inventory closing. I did not do the closing because more Production orders are there which are not yet complete. Whereas i executed the Recalculation option, but there was no impact.

regards

Thomas Philipose

Are the items standard costed? I am guessing not, but they may be. If they are validate the standard cost at that date. If they are not then you need to track that inventory transaction into the flow and see the cost it should have been. The recalculation should have reset the cost value. Can you see any impact on the production postings screen?

Hi,

Items are not standard costed. Yes, the impact on Production costing is that the cost of production is higher than what it is supposed to be, other than this, there is no visible impact.

regards

Thomas Philipose

It is digging into the data and looking at it I am afraid.

Does the reversal elements have the same lot id as the issue?

Is the warehouse returned to the same (if not are you costing by warehouse on the dimension group)?

Run a recalculation on the component.

The cost is zero on the inventory transaction because of the setup or way it has been processed, it is finding that out that requires you to dig into the data.

Hi,

Does the reversal elements have the same lot id as the issue?

Answer : Yes

Is the warehouse returned to the same (if not are you costing by warehouse on the dimension group)?

Answer : Warehouse returned is same

In Storage dimension, the setup is as follows

PHYSICAL INVENTORY

Site YES

Warehouse YES

Location YES

FINANCIAL INVENTORY

Site YES

Warehouse NO

Location NO

Recalculation has been run numerous times.

Regards

Thomas Philipose

Then there is no standard reason why the cost from the issue will not be pushed to the reversal when the costs are known and the inventory close run. Data analysis and reproduction are the only way to go I am afraid.