AX 2012: General Ledger Trial Balance Form

Hi,

When I select the financial dimension sets customer, item, project or vendor, Dynamics AX does not show me any result in the GL trial balance form that is available in the common section. Is this a bug or has the form designed in a way that automatic dimensions from subledgers are not automatically included in this form.

Hope you can help.

Ludwig

Hi Ludwig,

This is not a bug. You have rebuild and update balances in dimension set.

Go to the dimension set, and click on the rebuild balance first followed by update balance.

Pranav…

Hello Pranav,

I already rebuild and updated the balances but nothing comes up in the trial balance form.

I actually did that in one of the Contoso companies where no adjustment has been made.

That is why i cannot understand this behaviour.

Hope you can help.

Ludwig

Hi,

The ideally the balances should get updated.

Meanwhile, have you updated the balance for all the dimension set.

Also, check the period setup in the parameter. Make sure transactions are there in the given period.

Pranav…

Hi,

I did all that but nothing works.

Any other idea what I could possibly do?

Ludwig

Try one more thing.

In the GL parameters, under the Batch Transfer rukles section, what is the transfer mode. If its not synchronus, post all the sub ledger entries and than try once more.

Pranav

Hi,

Also tried that one but it did not do the job :frowning:

Ludwig

Can you see a transaction in the general ledger?

Hello Adam,

I can identify various transaction for customers, items, vendors in the general ledger.

Everything seems ok.

Ludwig

Hello…I have not seen anywhere on this thread that you have gone to “Parameters” on the form and indicated a date range for your query to build balances

Hi Ludwig,

Any success with the issue?

Pranav…

Hi,

after you rebuild and update balances for the selected dimension set, go to the trial balance list and make sure you select the dimension set in the drop down above the grid.