average cost , unitcost

Hi,

In navision - in item card - Invoicing tab , we have 3 field s callled

Average cost , unit cost , last direct cost .

what about these fields in Axapta .

How to know .

The average cost is the calcualted average cost from all of the entries, you can drill into it and see the values.

The unit cost depends upon your costing method, but it is the actual unit cost of the item.

The last direct cost is the last cost it was received in at.

As to “How to Know” reading the manual or going on training will help a lot, as will the help files.

Thanks Adam ,

I gone through the partner source , i downloaded the Trade & logistics I , II manuals . In that i could not find any costing related information.

I searched tha partner source for that costing manual , i could not find that manual.

Can u throw the path in partner source to get that costing manual information for Inventory & Manufacturing costing.

Thanks in advance

I have no link. All the information will be in the T&L I & II manuals, any other information you gather by going on training courses and asking questions, or sitting in front of the software and running through processes to understand what it does.

As a point of note those fields also change depending upon whether you are updating them, which is another setting on the item.

Hello sir,

Austin has asked a good question.

u had explained the meaning s of

The average cost is the calcualted average cost from all of the entries, you can drill into it and see the values.

The unit cost depends upon your costing method, but it is the actual unit cost of the item.

The last direct cost is the last cost it was received in at.

but what he is asking the path

i am also looking forward for that .

just throw the path to see that values.

What path?

These fields do not exist in AX. The cost price will be the cost price depending upon your settings. If you update the cost price it will change, if not it will not no matter what your costing method (although COGS works differently).

If you want to “check” this you need to hit the transactions button and work it out yourself.

If you run the inventory close there is part of this procedure that chacks the prices and gives you exceptions, so this will show you.