Attain Developer Toolkit 'where used' function

Hi, Did anyone here use the Developer Toolkit? I noticed that some fields can’t be found by the ‘where used’ function (even flagging all the options). For ex. i added a field in a table that i use in some C/AL code…but the tool completely ignores it ! I am using the toolkit with a 3.60 database importing .txt objects form 2 version of manufacturing 2.01 to find code/tables/forms differences. The difference highlights is ok, but the ‘where uses’ doesn’t work as i expected. [V] Any help, please?

We tried the same and i have to say that NF 2.01 is not completly compatible to Navision Attain Developer Toolkit. In my opinion your technical database version has to be 3.60 (maybe also older but for sure not 2.01) as there are some changes in export of objects to txt! Maybe it works if you use the import from Navision client option in Developer Toolkit.

Thanks Stefan. Hmm…it means for me a lot of work on technical documents to find the objects affected by every customization…and there are many ot these!!! Il’ask my manager to buy me a new pair of eyes after this job. Can anyone tell other experiences about that?

quote:

Originally posted by dtruppi
Hi, Did anyone here use the Developer Toolkit? I noticed that some fields can’t be found by the ‘where used’ function (even flagging all the options). For ex. i added a field in a table that i use in some C/AL code…but the tool completely ignores it ! I am using the toolkit with a 3.60 database importing .txt objects form 2 version of manufacturing 2.01 to find code/tables/forms differences. The difference highlights is ok, but the ‘where uses’ doesn’t work as i expected. [V] Any help, please?

Did you use WITH table DO … field := … … END; In that case i belive, that is posible for NDT to miss the field bostjan

Hi Bostjan, i rarely use WITH…DO , that’s to make the code reading easier. In my personal opinion, the WITH statement can cause little misunderstandings to a developer who reads the code. Anyway, the ‘where used’ function completely miss to find the Fields (it ignores their uses in CAL ocde, but also in the sourceexpression of the reports), but not the Tables… so i’ll try to work at table level. :frowning:

Hi domenico, maybe one other solution about your problem, why you don’t use “Impuls Workbench”? This tool should be able to analyse your code correctly!

Thank you for the hint, at the moment i’ve found out that the Developer Toolkit misses to find the occurences of the fields in the SECTIONS of the reports. Anyway, it works for the other occurences. So, i’ll keep using the toolkit, with an eye open on the sections.