asking about run-time,hours/time in production order

Dear all,

Does any one know what is the meaning of run time,hours/time in route production.

If i want to produce 1 qty of Finished good. it take 10 minutes to produce.

How can i set it in routing?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

run time = 10

time/hours = 0.0167

Hi,

Why in times/hours we set it in 0.0167. is it coming out from 1/60 ? Some time i set it in 1.

Is there any different ?

I still confuse the purpose of run time, times/hours ??

In route–>Update–>Estimation–>Process , there is a value, how can i get the value.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

Sorry should have given you a fuller explanation.

In the times fields you do not tell it what unit the time is so if you setup “10” this could be 10 seconds, 10 days, 10 hours etc.

The default is hours and this is defined by the times/hours being set to 1. Therefore if you want to set the time to 10 minutes you still put 10 in the time, but you alter the times/hours to tell AX the time unit you are using. You are correct the 1/60 is 0.0167 which is the entry in times/hours required to express 10 as 10 minutes.

Hi,

Ok, how about the process time in production detail–> route–>Update–>Estimation–>Process. How can we get the value ?

I think this is autocalculate.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

Sorry not sure where you are or the version you are working on - can you post a screen shot.

The answer is the process time will come presumably from the run time or a calculation of all of times depending upon its nature, but it is an amalgamation of route times I would guess displayed in a hourly format.

Hi,

This is I found in Ax demo

n

Can you explain to me , what is this ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rudy

How long it takes in processing hours to make the quantity estimated. So to make 34 takes 0.85 hours. So it takes 1.5 minutes to make 1 if you go to the Times tab, unless you have entered a process quantity of course.