ASCII in Business Central Cloud

ASCII: A thing from the past? Not in Dynamics NAV! - Views on Dynamics 365 Business Central - Dynamics 365 Business Central/NAV User Group - Dynamics User Group

[mention:61b2aa9ce72e429baa1ef43208ddbea4:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] How it is being handled in case of export of files in BC Cloud as there is no server to configure ASCII encoding or which encoding is used in these cases for different countries other than ENGLISH.

As some banks do only prefer a specific format as per their specified format and encoded it that specifically.

I read about UTF-8 where it says it understands ASCII , but how actual exported data encoding will be, I want to understand this?

Hi Avnish,

I’m sorry, but I have no real experience with the cloud version (I’m working with onprem).

But except that you cannot change the background settings, then nothing (not much) is really different if you run onprem or cloud. It depends on how you export the file, generally you have much better control of the character set today.

If you are exporting data to your bank, then you would most likely (recommended) use the data exchange framework, which again would use an xmlport. And here you have the text encoding property, allowing you to specify if you want to use MSDOS(ASCII), UTF8, UTF16 or Windows (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/developer/properties/devenv-textencoding-property).