APIs in Navision

Hi, I am a newbie to Navision. Infact i am new to ERP systems itself. As for the project, i might require to do reverse engineering so as to use it for a specific problem. But before i do that i would like to get a quick start. I have installed a trial version of Navision 4.0. The UI is too impressive but rather than looking into UI I would prefer to look into the APIs part. As in, what all i could do using Navision. Could anyone point me in that direction? Thanks and Regards, Priya. — The Road to success is always under construction.

What API’s? Navision is not just another development environment. I’m sure some members will pop along for some comments and, specially David Singleton [;)], will say you have to learn how Navision works and how to work with Navision before you even start looking at any code whatsoever. Begin by browsing through the code, however, and you will just find yourself completely lost and in a few weeks/months you will completely hate the whole system.

And I would like to add that you have to learn how Navision works and how to work with Navision before you even start looking at any code whatsoever. [:D] Priya, it would help if you could give a little detail of the “project”.

That’s like saying “I want you to tell me what all I can do with the System namespace before I start using it in C#”. Don’t try to reverse engineer anything. You should learn how Navision works and how to work with Navision before you even start looking at any code whatsoever. [8D]

Hi, I think i took a big step before even knowing what i really want. I would like to know how could i start with it. As it seems, i am lost at the beginning itself. I created a database and playing around with it. Thanks for the replies, Priya. — When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.

OK, in that case you can start right here: http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15457 David and Daniel, I will someday invoke copyright and charge you for quoting me. [:p]

Priya, take a look at this … http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15457

Jesus David, now you’re even quoting me on hyperlinks!.. [:p] [:D]

[:D] I had the edit window open too long, whilst I was searching for the topic. So you beat me [^]