AOS Problem

I am having a problem with our AOS Server/Service. The Service is set to startup Automatically, with the AOS Starting up Automatically as well. Every morning when I come in, I can not access Axapta via the AOS. It just hangs and never reaches the logon screen. I have tried rebooting the AOS, but that does not seem to have any effect. The only way to get it back up and working seems to be to log into the server and manually stop the Axapta Service and Start it back up again. Server is running Win2k3 Server and Axapta 3.0 SP3. There is an EventLog that says ‘Object Server Axapta: Performance info: The complete data cache has been flushed due to request from session 3 (-AOS-).’ every night at midnight and there is this one at startup of the server - ‘Axapta Object Server - Server Manager: Fatal socket error 10004 occured while receiving service requests from clients.’. Any ideas???

Hi, Few queries - 1) Can you tell us how you are starting AOS please. 2) Are you using SQL Server? If yes, what is the version of SP? 3) Also do you see any event viewer entries in SQL Server? >>EventLog that says ‘Object Server Axapta: Performance info: The >>complete data cache has been flushed due to request from session 3 >>(-AOS-).’ every night at midnight This is not an error. This is the result of new cache mechanism came into effect in MBS Axapta 3.0 / SP2 as well as MBS Axapta 2.5 / SP4. This has already been discussed earlier in the forum. Do please search for the thread. Alternatively you might want to read this doc titled “AX-300-TIP-058-v01.00-ENUS”. This came along with Axapta Ver 3.0 / SP2 CD. If you can’t find, do let me know and I will post the same. A tip - It is possible to check remotely whether AOS is running or not. If not running, it is possible to start AOS remotely. For this, you need to have Service Control utility from NT Resource Kit. For example - To find status of AOS (whether it is running or not), you have to run the following from command prompt - sc \ query “Axapta Object Server” To stop - sc \ stop “Axapta Object Server” To start - sc \ start “Axapta Object Server” You should be able to download this utility from the net. Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

1) Can you tell us how you are starting AOS please. The AOS is set to start Automatically when the server is started. 2) Are you using SQL Server? If yes, what is the version of SP? Yes, I am using SQL Server 2000 SP3A 3) Also do you see any event viewer entries in SQL Server? None relating to Axapta. Just an added note - when I cannot access Axapta through the AOS, I am able to access it fine using a 2-Tier client.

Hi Matt, It is a long shot - by any chance, is your AOS behind firewall/another domain? One suggestion - You can also enforce AOS server to restart - say early in the morning. You can do this by creating 1) a DOS batch (.bat) file with the foll. lines - net stop “Axapta object server” net start “Axapta object server” 2) and scheduling this file through Windows Task Scheduler. Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

No, it is not on a behind a firewall or on a different domain. Thanks for the scheduled task suggestion. I will try it tonight and see if it worked tomorrow morning.

Have you tried installing the AOS again ?

Hi all Please try running AOS on w2k instead of w2k3. Are you running any exeternal backup programs in the evening before the aos hangs? br,

Object Server 01: Performance info: The complete data cache has been flushed due to request from session 1 (-AOS-).

The Client freezed out and recompiled/ deleted the database. Any solution for this?