An error occoured attempting to retrieve the list of database(DynamicsAx 2009)

Hi All, From VHD I am trying to connect Database which is on host machine but it is giving error “An error occurred attempting to retrieve the list of database” when I enter Server Name in dynamics ax server configuration utility. It would be gr8 help if you provide me the solution. Please write if additional information is needed. Thanks in advance.

It is because the currently logged on user in Windows needs to have the right permissions in the SQL Server.

Right permission is there for that user. I can connect to the host database through SQL Server in VHD and not able to connect through dynamics ax server configuration utility. May be i missedout some setting. If you could provide what settings are required or any checklist then it would be gr8 help.

Disconnect the box from the domain and bring back again. If all the permissions are there then you wont face this issue.

Disconnected then reconnected also Restarted VHD by Turn off Delete Changes but facing the same issue. Again i am able to connect host database from sql server in VHD but could not able to connect through dynamics ax server configuration utility. Thanks.

Go to the event viewer (eventvwr) and take a look at the error message, is there any useful information?

Hi Thanks, I was facing space issue on VHD that’s why I was trying to connect to host sql server and there also I was facing problem to connect to host sql server. Now I can connect to sql server which is on another VHD and now I can able to fetch database list from sql server which is on another VHD. After selecting Database when I click Apply it ask me to restart AOS service then I click YES but it stopped the AOS service and not Starting again. Now my first issue of connection to remote sql server is resolved and now I am facing problem with restarting of AOS. If you could please guide me further then it would be a gr8 help. Thank You.