AIF in AX2012 R3

Hi Guys

I am working on Dynamics AX 2012 R3 version.

I want add app config file(which from Visual studio) in AX. i want to know the it possible if yes may i know the procedure for the same.

Regards

Syed Abuthair

Could you please add more details about your requirement?

Hi martin ,

Thanks for reply

We are planning to pull data from MS CRM Application.

So that i have to access all the methods and propery…etc in CRM application.

The CRM team only gave dll and service URL and app config file. i have added the .dll file from reference node in AOT.

but i don’t have idea about the app config file.

Regards

Syed Abuthahir

What is the content of the DLL file and the configuration file? Is it a service library with WCF service client and WCF configuration, or something else? And how is it related to AIF (mentioned in the title of this thread)?

Configuration file which contain Endpoint address, binding, binding configration, contract and name…

Dll file which contain

for example: get and set property for the customer name and

Getname()…etc

steps for followed to access the methods from AX

1.import the dll in Referenct node.

1. Create job to write the following code access the methods through dll.

SMC.IntDataObjects.Customer _CustomerObj;

CustomerObj = new SMC.IntDataObjects.Customer();

CustomerObj.getname();

Issue:

the methods return null value: if not add the config file info(which mention above) in Ax32.exe config.

it’s working fine when we will update the Ax32.exe config file with(above config file).

Note:

I am using Client

Regards

That’s not the correct process for consuming WCF services in AX 2012! Exactly because it doesn’t deal with the configuration file.

You have to create the client through AifUtil::CreateServiceClient() - please look into Consuming Web Services (White paper) [AX 2012] for details.

Also note that it’s not about AIF at all, therefore you should fix the title of this thread.