Adding new fields in Sales Invoice

Hi, I am a Novice to DYNAMICS NAV, working in a NAV 7 customization.
I need to add four new fields in Sales Invoice page, for which I added columns in Sales Invoice header. When I tried to insert the textboxes in the page the columns are not listed in REC or XREC, nor in Symbol menu.
I made a new record variable linking to the Sales Invoice Header Table, and accordingly Placed the Textbox in Sales Invoice.
Unfortunately when posting the Sales Invoice, the data did not appear in the sales Invoice header table.
When i Did same thing in Purchase Invoice It worked perfectly fine,

You need to add the 4 fields in Sales Header table first and show them in Sales Invoice page

Add same fields with ID and datatype in Sales Invoice Header table and show in Sales Invoice Header page and try…

Hi Mohana, Thanks for your quick reply. I did exactly same, When I add the Source expression exactly as on the Sales Invoice Header Column, The error thrown is “you have specified an unknown variable. Declare the variable in Global CAL symbols”

Can you tell me the steps what you did…

1. Added a Columns in sales Invoice header ex “AuthorizingAgent”->text->50
  2. Opened Purchase Invoice Page in Designer → Right Click in a row-> New → In the new Line Right Click → Properties → Source Expr ->“AuthorizingAgent”
  3. Save → “you have specified an unknown variable. Declare the variable in Global CAL symbols”
    this is exactly similar to what i did for Purchase Invoice which had worked fine

PS: I am using Dynamics NAV 2013

You have added a field in Sales invoice Header and adding field in Purchase invoice Page

Is it a typo or you are doing the same?

OOPS ! Thats a typo…

What ever, You have to add field in Sales Header talbe to add in Sales Invoice Page…

1. Added a Columns in sales Invoice header ex “AuthorizingAgent”->text->50
  2. Opened Sales Invoice Page in Designer → Right Click in a row-> New → In the new Line Right Click → Properties → Source Expr ->“AuthorizingAgent”
  3. Save → “you have specified an unknown variable. Declare the variable in Global CAL symbols”
    this is exactly similar to what i did for Purchase Invoice which had worked fine

PS: I am using Dynamics NAV 2013

You need to add in Sales Header table (ID 36) not in Sales Invoice Header (ID 112)please…

thanks a lot Mohana, it worked. [:)]

Welcome [:)]