ADCS, Nav5SP1 and WHM

Nav5 SP1’s ADCS component seems to be missing Serial# functionality which is a must for our WMS environment. Please let me know if there are 3rd party solutions available for it besides Lanham’s WMS granules.We also need receipt and shipment forms in addition to what is included in NAV 5 SP1.

Come-on Gurus. I am sure quite a few would be using Miniforms on handhelds in WMS with Serial# functionality. Any lead will help on development of miniforms and / or if these forms are available for purchase.

Hi Robert,

The fact that noone has replied to you in 22 hours tells you more about how many really are using the Miniforms functionality. In my many years in the NAV world I have still not many any customers who are actually using this functionality. But I remember that I once met a developer, who said that his company actually had made a number of changes to the ADCS functionality, so that it was useable. There are ADCS experts “out there” - but they are not many.

My best suggestion is for you to look at Lanham’s eShip solution. You find a lot more eShip experts, as Lanham’s solution more or less has become the “standard” solution for handling these more advanced warehouse jobs.

Hi Robert,

Erik’s advice is sound. I have only implemented ADCS on two sites and it doesn’t support serial numbers out of the box. The problem with ADCS is that it is technically difficult to modify and needs a developer with very good business knowledge. It’s not documented very well (if at all) and is easy to “get it wrong”. The best advise is to invest in an add-on rather that re-inventing the wheel. If you want other solutions have a look at Microsoft’s solution finder

https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com/

Thanks Robert. I hear what you say and at the same time I do find this site full of topics on ADCS. Which means that quite a few are out there who are using mniforms but never needed the missing serial# functionality. I will be in touch with Lanham too as suggested.

Sorry. I meant “Thanks Erik & Dave”

Best Regards

Robert