Activate next line on a tabular form

Hi, Guys On a tabular form, I want to force the cursor to jump on the next line (no matter which field) as soon as the users leaves a certain field on the current line. Is there any way to do it? Thanks Anna

Ciao Anna, did you try setting NextControl property to point to the first control in the form. Using TAB and Return it works Elena

Citazione:

Ciao Anna, did you try setting NextControl property to point to the first control in the form. Using TAB and Return it works Elena
Originariamente inviato da elbi - 2004 Nov 12 : 11:30:31

It goes to the first control in the same line. [B)] Actually this form is tricky. I has a tabular portion in the left side and some fields on the right side, where the user inputs datas. The fields showed on the right side might vary depending upon a property of the main code in the record (i. e.: Code A requires a decimal number; Code B requires a code; Code C requires a boolean…), so the form hiddens and shows the proper field for each record in the table. This part of the job is done and works well… uh… is acceptable, anyway! [:D] Now, the problem is that every time the user enters datas on a line he/she has to pick up the mouse and click on the next line in oerder to have the focus where needed. [xx(] Anna

Well, I tried on a standard form (chart of accounts and order lines) it works, but in your case I don’t know. [:I] Pressing CTRL+Arrows doesn’t work? In standard forms using thos keys you can move from header to subform and vice versa. Elena

Hi Anna, On my keyboard I have some strange keys called “Arrow-keys” (situated between the numeric- and the letter-area of my keyboard). I’m not quite sure why they are called so, because I don’t get an arrow on my screen when I press them, just as when I press the “space-key” I get a space. However, some one once thought me that when I press the one that points down, in a tabular form, the cursor will move to the next line. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] Well jokes aside… As I understand your form, the user inputs data in the fields on the right, and when this is done, you want the table-box to automatically jump to the next line. Is it correct that the focus isn’t inside the tablebox on the given time, but on the fields on your right side? If this is the case, the user must be able to jump inside the table-box by pressing CTRL + arrow, and then use the arrow alone to navigate around inside the table-box.

Citazione:

Hi Anna, As I understand your form, the user inputs data in the fields on the right, and when this is done, you want the table-box to automatically jump to the next line.

Yes. That’s exactly how it is.

Citazione:

Is it correct that the focus isn’t inside the tablebox on the given time, but on the fields on your right side? If this is the case, the user must be able to jump inside the table-box by pressing CTRL + arrow, and then use the arrow alone to navigate around inside the table-box.
Originariamente inviato da sander7 - 2004 Nov 12 : 14:32:02

Mhmm… let’s see… with my keyboard, on the right side, CTRL + arrow does nothing, but arrow-down goes to the first control in the tabular form (often, but not always… [?] ). On the tabular side CTRL + arrow-right goes to the first control in the right side… the very first control, indeed, even though it’s not editable. Then the cursor must be moved with the tab key to the desired control. Shall we need a traffic light? [}:)] Anna

Hi Anna, I have constructed a form, that in principal corresponds to Your form, as I understand it. (ID = 99987, SourceTable = Customer). (please don’t think GUI-guidelines) The form is as simple as possible. So no fields change property (Visible yes/no, etc.) When I want to move from the TableBox to The Fields, I press CTRL + Arrow_right. When I want to move from The Fields to The TableBox, I only press the Arrow_left. When I want to move around within the 2 “areas”, I only use the given arrow-key (alone, no CTRL)
Attachment: DemoForm_AnnaPerotti.fob ( 6832bytes )

Citazione:

Hi Anna, I have constructed a form, that in principal corresponds to Your form, as I understand it. (ID = 99987, SourceTable = Customer). (please don’t think GUI-guidelines)
Originariamente inviato da sander7 - 2004 Nov 16 : 12:18:57

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it, but for some reasons I can’t access the object to download. Would you be so kind to send it to anna@sicosbt.it? Thanks Anna