Account Schedule Dates

Has anyone ever modified the account schedule overview to allow the Date Filter to work like a fiscal year for the accounting period trend scape button. If the client is setup with a fiscal clicking this button should show that range, i.e. 07/01/02…06/30/03 instead of the calendar year.

Yes… you’ll have to modify a bit some functions and the best way is keeping also the standard functionality (add a new button for fiscal year)… then add one to the arrays dimension and do the proper calculations… sorry… it was some time ago and i’m not having right now time for searching on the code for giving you a more exhaustive explanation on how to do it… but have a look on how it’s now calculating the calendar year and use it as base for the fiscal year (remember that the fiscal year is setup in navision as the time between two year closing…) Regards,

In 3.60GB you can specify just this, which to use, the Accounting Period calendar or System calenday, Accounting Periods now have closing dates and Day ,Week, Month, Quarter and Years, all of which can be set up by the User, so a Short Year, 4-4-5 accounting and “My week starts on a Wednesday” can all be catered for as standard with no Code changes :slight_smile:

This 4-4-5 accounting period setup is just what I’m looking for… has anybody taken the logic from 3.6 and moved it to 3.1… I have a need for the logic but am not willing to upgrade my Navision version until 3/4 quarter next year… Robert [8] in the corner pocket three rails.

quote:

Originally posted by David Cox
In 3.60GB you can specify just this, which to use, the Accounting Period calendar or System calenday, Accounting Periods now have closing dates and Day ,Week, Month, Quarter and Years, all of which can be set up by the User, so a Short Year, 4-4-5 accounting and “My week starts on a Wednesday” can all be catered for as standard with no Code changes :slight_smile:

Does version 3.7 have this 4-4-5 accouting period setup… I can’t seem to find the above described functionality… Robert