Account number for transaction type Purchase: does not exist.

Hi there

I am having this problem when I want to post an invoice for a PO.

Account number for transaction type Purchase: does not exist.

I have invoiced this supplier before and didn’t encounter this error, and also the items on the PO have been invoiced before. This PO is for a project.

My problem is that for this one PO I cannot invoice. I tried copying the lines into a new PO but still experienced the same problem.

What can I do to solve this problem.

As the Purchase Order is related to the project - there will be a chance for the postings to happen through projects also…

see the project groups and its ledger setups…

Reason is only item. By ceany means account number for Receipt has got deleted. please check with your administrator.

if you copy this item anywhere it will not get posted. and the same error will come. please try it.

Hi Just check all the Item Groups of the Items available in the specific PO, maybe there is some missing or incomplete Account number setup for the item group (PO).

Maybe the vendor is stopped from being invoiced, just check if your vendor details if the vendor is stopped from being invoiced.

[Y]yes, i got the solution of “Account number for the transaction type Customer Invoice discount does not exist”.

solution: go to GL >> Setup >> Posting >> System account

create and attach a ledger with account.

Hi Imran,

You are refering here for customer invoice discount and the problem is with Purchase Account.

This is not the solution.

thThanx Imran I used ur solution n my problem is solved Thanx…

well done

Goto → Inventory management → Setup →
Item groups → Select your item required item group being purchased -
→ purchase tab → set the account number for “receipt”.

Goto → Inventory management → Setup →
Item groups → Select your item required item group being purchased -
→ purchase tab → set the account number for “receipt”.

Hi frnd,

Look this link FYI

http://msdynamicserp.blogspot.in/2015/08/when-you-ended-production-order-account.html

Regards,

Subbu