Access Denied on Shortcut

Hi, I don’t know if anyone’s had this problem before or if anyone has a hunch you could point me in the right direction?

Within NAvision you have a “send link” or “save shortcut” option from the file menu which creats a URL type address to retreive the relevant doduments you were looking at. I can appreciate that this must be a very useful feature so that you can share docs with other Nav users on your system but if I try to access the link I get an “Access Denied” message appear.

I’m not 100% clear on how it’s actually working and whether the error message is a Navision Error about permissions, or whether I should be looking at my netork security. Becuase I don’t know where that file is I’m not sure what network security to be looking at!

If a Google “Navision access denied shortcut” I get a link to this the old forum site

I created shortcut to desktop , but I can ’ t run it . It fails with error : access is denied What kind of permissions should I have to run it ?

http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=-1&TOPIC_ID=10414&REPLY_ID=38607

but it fails with to open the page! I opened the cached page on Google but the reply just says to check the “target text box”, not sure what that means, do you

I created shortcut to desktop , but I can ’ t run it . It fails with error : access is denied What kind of permissions should I have to run it ?

Any help or guesses really appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Shady.

I have not heart about this issue before and the only thing I can think of is permission to the temp folder.

Try to check if the users have read and write permissions to the temp folder (the folder setup from Tools → Options → TempFilePath).

Regards

Claus

YES ! thank you, it’s always simple when you know the answer isn’t it :slight_smile:

The temp directory did not exist on the client machine. Navision has been setup within Terminal Services and users didnt’ have any local temp drives.

Thank you so much.

Shady