ability to fax reports

I have a client who wants to be able to fax purchase orders and sales confirm. instead of sending the reports to the printer. Navision has suggested either RightFax or Zetafax as the faxing software. Has anyone out there developed a solution using RightFax, Zetafax, or other fax software applications, where informatin such as fax # is pulled from the Navision database into the fax application templates? If so, please contact me.

If you do a search on this site on “Zeta”, you will find a couple of code snippet examples. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner Edited by - daves on 2002 Aug 08 17:13:34

I have delevoped several solutions using RighFax. If the price tag is acceptable to the client, then it is a good solution. You embedded text anywhere on the report, which can be set by code when the report is run. This information is used to pass phone number, receipent to RightFax. RighFax removes the embedded text when creating the fax document. Make sure the embedded text is larger then 8pts and not to close to the edge of the paper.

Idem with Tobit Faxware if you need only fax. I use it for years and works perfectly (25 users, 500 faxes per day). The price is really correct, installation does’nt need more than 15 minutes and you don’t need dedicated server or specific hardware to make it works.

I’ve searched for “Zeta” on this site but have not found any Code Examples. Can anyone send me some directly[?] I can see that you can define an “automation” variable looking at the zetafax API from within Attain, and I can see the list of commands…but that is far as I’ve got. Thanks in advance for any help, Tim Simmonds

I have also developed solutions with RightFax. We use it for high volume faxing … faxing our Salesreps reports, faxing our invoices and confirmations as well as statements. A neat feature is that RightFax has a ‘library’ of standard documents (ie price lists, or application forms …) which with a little automation you can send directly from Navision. RightFax is surely the most expensive solution, but if you are doing a high volume of faxing and you are interested in the other features it is very easy to integrate! Other features include: ability to send at certain times (long distance is cheapest at night), it handles 10 digit dialing, integration with any application (it acts as a printer), direct sending from outlook/lotus notes, but most importantly is the inbound faxing. Please contact me if you would like more information! -john