A/P Check Application Report

Hello I have a vendor call up and ask what of his many invoices were paid with a check that I sent him. Another scenario - vendor calls up and asks for history of my payments to his invoices. I can not find a standard report, nor an easy way to reference the applied documents to a check. Thanks

Hmm - In 3.60 this report are still missing - We have developed one out selves - If you want a copy of the report, I will upload it? Let me know.

Vendor Account Detail report is messy but should give you the history your looking for.

How to Trace the Application of Documents Issue If a payment is applied to a single document or multiple documents, is there a consistent way determine later exactly which document number(s) it was applied to? There appear to be cases where the ‘Applies-to Doc. No.’ field is left blank. I have the same question going the other way; can you determine which payments or credit memos were applied to particular document? Resolution The applications cannot be traced through the ‘Applies-to Doc. No.’ field. Sometimes applications are made through the ‘Applies-to ID’ field instead. It can also be blank for other reasons. The only way to trace applications is through the ‘Closed by Entry No.’ field. This is the method used in the ‘Customer Account Detail’ report and in the ‘Accounts Receivable Aging’ report. It is designed so that every time one entry is applied to another, one of them is closed by the other. For example, if a payment completely pays off an invoice, the invoice is automatically closed by the payment. If, on the other hand, a payment partially pays an invoice, the payment will be closed by the invoice. One payment entry cannot partially pay multiple invoices under this scheme. Because of this, when you want to partially pay multiple invoices, each partial payment must make up its own line in the Cash Receipts journal (or Payments Journal, if applying this to Vendors). Let us assume that you want to trace through all applications for a Customer Ledger Entry, and do something with each application. The following function (TraceApplications) will trace through all the applications, and for each one found will call another, undefined function (HandleApplication): PROCEDURE TraceApplications(CustLedgEntryToTrace : Record 21); VAR AppliedCustLedgEntry : Record 21; BEGIN WITH AppliedCustLedgEntry DO BEGIN // find the applied entry which is closed by this entry RESET; SETCURRENTKEY(“Entry No.”); SETRANGE(“Entry No.”,CustLedgEntryToTrace.“Closed by Entry No.”); IF FIND(’-’) THEN HandleApplication(AppliedCustLedgEntry); // find the applied entries which this entry closed RESET; SETCURRENTKEY(“Closed by Entry No.”); SETRANGE(“Closed by Entry No.”,CustLedgEntryToTrace.“Entry No.”); IF FIND(’-’) THEN REPEAT HandleApplication(AppliedCustLedgEntry); UNTIL NEXT = 0; END; END; Note - Each entry can only be closed by one other entry, while one entry may close multiple entries. Also note that although this code is for Navision Financials, it is quite similar (syntax differences only) with code that would work for Navision.

I am closing this thread due to the ‘age’