A funny Navision phenomenon

Hi all, please make a new codeunit or report and put that code in: Vars: Name DataType Subtype Length gItem Record Item Code: //A IF gItem.“No.” = gItem.“No.”::“A” THEN EXIT; IF gItem.Description = gItem.Description::“A” THEN EXIT; //B IF gItem.“No.” = gItem.“No.”::“B” THEN EXIT; IF gItem.Description = gItem.Description::“B” THEN EXIT; Save the object and open it again for design, and be surprised about what you see. Now try to save the object again. br Josef Metz

[:D][:D][:D]

quote:

Originally posted by jm
… Save the object and open it again for design, and be surprised about what you see. …

Perhaps a telephone number?? Or an account?? Another mystery! Mulder where are you …? 16895 65 17151 66 It must make sense! It must! bye André

aaaaaaaah… nice! Now I understand the strange code I had when I changed an option into a code field. But still… Beats the hell out of me!

He’s hiding… From the supersoldiers. Pay attention Andre. btw, If you ever lost me, then I’m hiding at agents Reyes appartment [;)]

A former colleague once changed one field type from option to something else, but forgot to change the according code in a report which modifies this field. It took me some days to find that “ultimate self destruct device”…

ASCII code for “A” is 65. some idea?

i think in text field translate to ascii code and CODE in the position of some index.

mmmm… Ok listen IF Item."No." = Item."No."::"A" “A” is converted to 16895 MESSAGE(Item."No."::"A") “A” is converted to 1996505599 Maybe Mulder can contact the lone gunmen, They’ll know!

Digging up old posts [:D] (Friday afternoon) Does not work in 4.00 [^] Guess the ‘bug’ is fixed [8D]