Zup File in Attan 3.01B

Has anyone noticed a problem with the zup file not storing the last used settings? Is this a local parameter or a server setting. Where is the zup file stored in Navision 3.01B.

Haven’t noticed any problems. My zup files are stored in C:\Documents and Settings{UserName}\Application Data. Kind regards, Jan Hoek Weha Automatisering BV Woerden - The Netherlands

If you start Navision with parameter “ID=C:\DIRECTORY\myZup”, you will have a ZUP-file named myZup placed in C:\DIRECTORY.

I have had similar problem with my ZUP file. However i assumed the prolem i was having was due to more then one version of Navision installed on my PC and saving thier ZUP file in the same folder. The funny thing is that whenever i tried to change the location of the zup file, Navision does not start. regards Omair NGP NCSD

This is a problem, but not a Navision one, it has something to do with profiles in W2k. It is really annoying, and the only solution I have found is as Anfinnur Hovgaard has mentioned, to specify the FULL path and file name in the shortcut. If you just specify just the file name (e.g. ID=myid.zup), it still will often delete the file. I have no idea why. Note this will also happen in 2.60 _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@home.com___________

We have tried the full path from implementation but still have random problem with it keeping the settings.

Hi, it looks like the writing of the zup-file depends on how the user exits the Attain client. We experienced that if the user just shutdowns window and the client is closed “automatically” the zup file isn’t written. After telling the users to exit Attain through the “File Menu” the problem was solved. Regards Frank Weber

[Sounds like my problem, is this a bug ???]Originally posted by fw: Hi, it looks like the writing of the zup-file depends on how the user exits the Attain client. We experienced that if the user just shutdowns window and the client is closed “automatically” the zup file isn’t written. After telling the users to exit Attain through the “File Menu” the problem was solved. Regards Frank Weber
[/quote]