World Cup

You could be right there but this world cup has thrown up too many surprises so far

If Spain and Germany happen to following round, I’ll have a serious problem. My heart will go towards Spain (OK!, my country) but I bet economically by Germany. Terrible doubt! :wink:

I seriously think USA will suprise Germany and beat them today. It would cheer up my day anyway (no offence germans, but you know how we are with football!)

ENG - BRA 1 - 2 BRA(s) size was twice bigger than ENG(s);;; haaaaaaaaa

quote:

Originally posted by MVGS: ENG - BRA 1 - 2 BRA(s) size was twice bigger than ENG(s);;; haaaaaaaaa

And so it starts… Time for us English to brace ourselves for a ripping, I fear… That said, singapore aren’t in an ideal position to critisise other footie nations! Edited by - kbara on 2002 Jun 21 12:01:53

The behaviour of England has been impeccable and to lose against Brazil is almost like losing an anticipated final. …and KUMAR this forum is not place for offensive critics for any country.

Hi guyz it was never my intention to critcise any country…infact i was backing england all the way…any way my appologies for that… kumar

I wonder if the British press/tabloids has flamed and crucified Seaman … ###### tarek_demiati@ureach.com

I think anybody with an ounce of brain realises that it would be stupid and absolutely wrong to blame David Seaman. It may have been technically his fault but he had saved us many a time in the tournament and has served England well through out his career. Although it was funny when the commentator said, “And Seaman is coming out of the box!!”

No, because he was outstanding up until that mistake. I personally don’t like him because he plays for Arsenal, but I wouldn’t crucify him for that mistake, however costly. So, I’m wondering if the French press is crucifying their entire team? :wink: Edited by - kbara on 2002 Jun 24 10:22:40

Kristian : Yes, some papers have not been too kind towards the French team. I think the fact that they were World Champion and European Champion, everybody was expecting a lot more than that. Not winning would have been OK, but playing like sh**te and not scoring plus the fact that they got eliminated in the 1st round was very disapointing for a lot of people, so yes some papers did take a piss out of the team. I think the most disapointed people must have been the biz guys in the story, a lot of sponsors lost a lot of money in advertising. ie : Adidas did bet a lot on the French team, they thought they had a chance to go far in the competition … Now I just hope the boys can do something smashing (for a change! :wink: ) at Euro 2004 : http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/EURO2004/Teams/index.html ###### tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Yeah, a car manufacturer had an advert over here staring Thierry Henry, and they’ve taken it off the air. There was another one with Italy’s Totti: that’s gone too. We’re all the same over here, just looking to the European Championships in 2004 now. On another note, one of my favourite moments of the cup was UEFA commenting on the impeccable behaviour of the English fans, and congrats to everyone invovled for manageing to keep the idiots who shame the rest of us away from the tournament. Anyway: COME ON KOREA!!

Well… it seems that a really polemical work of a refeer has made Spain leaving the World Cup after making 2 goals to Korea (both anulated without aparently reasons)… After Italy’s match & Spain’s one it seems that for winning Korea it’s needed more than just scoring and playing better than them… but also a miracle for not allowing political playing deciding who will win the world cup. May be Brasil (that’s supported by Wall Street on this world cup) will have a better chance vs Korea… Regards, Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es

Well Alfonso Pertierra, I sympathise with you and support you but I guess both the team played equally bad and didn’t have the striking instinct. Well Pele even commented that Spain might will face a touch team . Well if Korea Improves in their striking power then they could do something else they have to face huge wall of Berlin before the German Goal Post. Any way I would expect Voller to lead the team to the finals and loose to Brasil. Anyway happy viewing. patro

Whether the two teams played well or not isn’t an issue! Spain should have won 2-0 but because of poor refereeing this was not the case. Korea should not have beaten Italy either, again poor refereeing… It is about time FIFA looked into this. You have the best tournament in the world and it MUST involve the best referees, even if that means they have to ref more than one game and travel around a lot. They should also have referees and lines-men from the same country refereeing a match, then the communication would be better and these guys would be able to trust each other… Lets hope they put it right in 4 years time!!

Well that was the same issue in last world cup . France had a favor of being the host country and some decesion from referee was on their support. You will remember of you did follow last worldcup. So I guess they should have an extra referee as they introduced in world of Cricket - third umpire.