World Cup

And then there were eight…so boys and girls (never seen a girl post on here) who do you think is going to win the world cup? I think England will beat Germany in the final!!

Well, England will beat Brazil tomorrow and then win the semi and final whoever they meet. Come on England! TeddyTeddyTeddyTeddy…Sheringham!

You all are wrong! Final: Senegal - Korea!!! And Senegal will win the Cup! Cheers

this world cup has been full of unexpectations…who konws walter might win in this forum for his guess sit tight…

KUMAR : It has been full of unexpactations and full of bad surprises. Me who thought France would have some chance to win again, I’ve been quite disapointed. But we’ve played so bad during this world cup we would not have deserve to win anyway. Well now we just have to wait and see if we can do something for the Next EUROpean cup in 2 years and the next World Cup in 4 years, that’s if we manage to qualify :wink: A disapointed French Supporter :~( Edited by - Tarek Demiati on 2002 Jun 20 13:08:45

Fast forward to 2004, it is just before England v France at the > Millenium Stadium, an important European Championship qualifier game. > David Beckham goes into the English changing room to find all his team > mates looking a bit glum. “What’s up?” he asks. “Well, we’re having > trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it’s important but > it’s only France. They’re shit and we can’t be bothered” > Beckham looks at them and says “Well, I reckon I can beat these by > myself, you lads go down the pub.” > So David Beckham goes out to play France by himself and the rest of the > England team go off for a few jars. > After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so get the > landlord to put the teletext on. > A big cheer goes up as the screen reads > “England 1 - France 0 (D. Beckham 10 minutes)” > He is beating France all by himself! > Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone > remembers “It must be full time now, let’s see how he got on” > They put the teletext on. > "Result from the Millenium Stadium : England 1 (D. Beckham 10 minutes) - > France 1 (Z. Zidane 89 minutes). > They can’t believe it, he has single handedly got a draw against > France!! > They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate him. > They find him in the dressing room, still in his kit, sat with his head > in his hands. He refuses to look at them. “I’ve let you down, I’ve let > you down” > “Don’t be daft, you got a draw against France, all by yourself. And > they only scored at the very very end!” > “No, No, I have, I’ve let you down*. I got sent off after 12 minutes” > > >

What’s the difference between a Wonderbra and France? > > > A Wonderbra has decent support and a cup. > > > > > > What’s the difference between France and Grimsby Fishermen? > > > Grimsby fisherman score quite regularly and know where the back of the net is. > > ’ What’s the difference between a mini and Barthez’s goal? You can only fit 2 comfortably in the back of a mini. > > > > > > Why does Barthez sweat so much when he’s excited? > > > Because he’s a t*at. > > > > > What’s the difference between a new student and the French? > > > After two weeks a student has managed to score at least once. > > > > > > What’s the most expensive ticket on the black market in Japan? > > > The next flight from Tokyo the Charles de Gaulle. > > > > > > What’s the difference between France’s and China’s world cup campaign? > > > 3 days. > > > > > > What’s the difference between France’s World Cup campaign and Garlic? > > > Garlic has influence and tends to linger around longer than French football. > > > > > > > > > What’s the difference between French Football and the Euro? > > > The whole of Europe is united in it’s view on French Football.

AKERS : You can add this one to your collection : Why The English Team is trained by a Swede ? Answer : Because they were unable to find an English coach which was sober enough … ###### tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Is a senegal v korea final possible??

Yep, Senegal vs. Korea IS possible! However, I would put my moeny on England. I mean, when they can beat Denmark, they can beat anybody :slight_smile: Lars Strøm Valsted ------------------------- Why can’t programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween? Because OCT(31) = DEC(25)

Hey! Go back to work!!

One of the benefits of working for a very employee sympathetic company (Especially if you have football crazy directors…) is that you get to see the England matches screened in the canteen. We will be coming in at 7:30AM tomorrow to a breakfast bacon & sausage rolls! Mmmm! I think that if England beat Brazil tomorrow, they will go all the way to the final (But then everyone at the moment thinks they are a football pundit…myself included) -------------------------------- Edward Bloomfield Navision Support Consultant Cambridge Online Systems Limited www.cambridgeonline.net

I agree with you Bloomy… win tommorrow and we are going to take the cup!! I will be in at seven thirty in the morning also watching it on the huge plasma screen in our boardroom!! Come on England!! It will be difficult to work the rest of the day if we win… Tomorrow is Englands Day!!!

Hi Tarek dream u win the euro 2k4 …i think zidane would have made the difference if he played first 2 matches…but then… i imagine tomorrow to be the finals bet brazil n england…after this it wont be so thrilling to watch …hope some of u out there agree with me…

Lets not tempt fate, even if we win tomrrow, Senegal could be problem as we don’t seem to know how to handle the African sides. Hey Anfinnur - it’s not healthy to think about Navision for 7 1/2 hours in one go… :wink: Edited by - kbara on 2002 Jun 20 17:18:26

No way man… positive mental attitude is what we need… We need to send those confidence boosting, positive vibes to our boys out there!! We can do this guys… it’s time to start believing!!

Gutted…sick as a parrot …we I suppose we have seen England play better recently than in a very long time. Well done Brazil though… -------------------------------- Edward Bloomfield Navision Support Consultant Cambridge Online Systems Limited www.cambridgeonline.net

I’m feeling that pain right now dude… Bring on Euro 2004 and a big round of applause for the England boys… really… they have done well!!

Yeah, gotta give credit to the guys, they had a good campaign. I really think we can bag Euro 2004. Anyway, I hope one of the underdogs takes the cup now. Gonna go look at my family tree to see if I have any Senegali ancestory…

The final: Brasil-Germany? There are anybody with the same opinion?