Windows Authentication

Can windows authentication login work in Terminal Server??? Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Yes, it can. Are you facing any specific problems?

Yes when logging into windows on the users computer authentication works no problem. When logging into terminal server from another computer using the same user login windows authentication does not work??? Thanks

I am sticking my nose into something I don’t know much about :). This sounds to me like your network (or maybe it’s the user profile) is set up to allow any user to be logged in only once at a time.

Daniel, No multiple logins are allowed. Thanks

Does anyone have any easy method to look up the SID number for each user session??? I searched “SID” but the search engine comes back 180 pgs. Thanks

quote:

Yes when logging into windows on the users computer authentication works no problem. When logging into terminal server from another computer using the same user login windows authentication does not work??? Thanks
Originally posted by mblauer - 2005 Oct 25 : 19:35:54

Are You sure they are logging in to the same domain? You can lookup the SID in table 2000000054 /Lars

Can you quickly explain us your network configuration? How many servers are there? It’s a Windows Domain, right? Which computer is the Domain Controller? And which machine is used as Navision Server and which is used as Terminal Server? Lars’ is on the right track and if you post more info, someone here will spot the problem.

This is a pretty standard function, as Lars points out, the only real isue is if you have different domains.

User/SID is in 200000054 Our network is fairly straight forward for Navision. Windows Domian Server with Active Directory Terminal Server NAS Server for WEB Navision Server For some reason Terminal Server login does sync with Navision SID login. I can be on same computer and login from windows and it works fine. Login through terminal server and get Navision Name and Password screen???

Ok, that is a totally different issue. If you were using windows logins, and had an issue you would get an error message “Teh navision db is not seet up for Windows Logins” What your porblem here is , is that you did not tell the client ot use windows logins. You need to go File Database Open, enter server name, then select Windows Logins . Currently you are selecting Database Logins. Hope this helps…

We start Navision in terminal server using the following script at Login to Terminal Server c:\Program Files\Navision Attain\Client\fin.exe ID=C:\USERS%USERNAME%,TEMPPATH=C:\USERS%USERNAME% Can it be added to this script line? Not all users are using windows logins.

you can add the authentication type to the script, but will need one script for each type of user. I cannot remember but does not the zup file store this, so you only need to choose the first time?

try ntauthentication=yes

Hi, Your problem has nothing to do with Navision and NTAuthentication. As far as I know, for security reasons or something of the sort, it’s not possible to login into Terminal Server, connect to Windows and then to Navision. It’s just one of those things. But if you find a way, please remeber to share it. Best regards

quote:

… it’s not possible to login into Terminal Server, connect to Windows and then to Navision…
Originally posted by jpjesus - 2005 Oct 28 : 18:39:58

I am doing it right now [?] Why do you think it does not work?

I still think you should try to allow multiple logins. You log into the network when you boot up, and then you log into the terminal server. I think that counts as two logins at the same time. Connecting to Navision through terminal server really should be no problem at all, it should work right out of the box.