Why location code unexits in service contract header

Dear All,
I am very confusing with service contract, especially why there is no location code in the service contract header so when I create contract service order, I should assign location code and it will be asked by prospect client although it can be modified or add location code field in the service contract header, I think there maybeexist a hidden purpose unknown by me.
Do you find it purposely skipped by microsoft dynamics experts in microsoft…?

Rgds,
Mark

Hi Mark

Locations are your locations. I do not believe this field exists in the Service Contract Header does it? I am not sure what is the field number? Why are you assigning a location? The contract is for service at the clients site, not your locations.

Hi Steven, All,

You are right that the field doesn’t exist in the service contract header. I want to assign a location because when I create service order the location of the service must be filled in the service order header. I create service order using periodic activities → create contract orders. If it is in the client location, I think I must record too so that I can know the resource travel cost, fixed assets movement for service etc…

Rgds,

Mark

Hi Mark

It is difficult to comment on what a modification i know nothing about does and why it confuses you. Could you elaborate more on what you actually have, what it is doing and what you want it to do.