Why has Milan Horky at webcom Spammed me

I assume Millan Horky got my email address from this forum as it was my non personal email that he used. That is the email which is on this list. I allow my email to be seen so that people can contact me not so that I get spammed, realy I do not care about your great product. I do not mind people emailing me and a few people have from this forum, but I DO NOT WANT TO BE SPAMMED. You may think it petty but it is bad manners, and what if we all spammed each other every day. Just look what happen to bernard shifman, don’t spam. Thank you Paul Baxter

I must agree with you that it’s bad manners and it’s SPAM. No doubt. If you feel it is - then it is! I got the same email (or at least I got an email from Millan Horky about his software). I have no interest in reading about his eCommerce solution - so to it’s also SPAM. The only reason why the email addresses are public (unless you activly have decided to hide it) is for members to contact each other - primary on NOLUG matters or to continue personal debate on topics. But please let me know if anyone else received this mail. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

Yup to the 1st: SPAM = mail received with offering/announces that you never asked to receive from it’s sender. Yup to the 2nd: i’ve received also an e-mail from Millan Horky with subject: Licences for e-commerce solutions for Navision 3.56, NFand Navision Attain I’ve also never asked for that information and i’m also not interested on receiving more spam to my e-mail. I’ve let my e-mail visible for being able of being contacted by people from the forum, but not for getting more spam… If we all start spamming with our products offerings people will become afraid of showing their e-mail and, inclusively, join the forum… afraid of being spammed… and our e-mail servers will become mad… Regards, Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es

quote:

Originally posted by apertierra: If we all start spamming with our products offerings people will become afraid of showing their e-mail and, inclusively, join the forum… afraid of being spammed… and our e-mail servers will become mad…

This is exactly why emails like this and using information from NOLUG is not welcome. Well said. We all get SPAMMED. Personally I receive well over 50 SPAM and VIRUS emails per day. Most are luckily picked up by the virus program and the junk mail filters. But left is still 15-20 mails per day that come into my inbox and that I really don’t want. Let’s all try to stop this now. My suggestion to all NOLUG members who receives this mail and uses Microsoft Outlook (other mail packages has similar functionality - I just don’t know how it works) is to put Milan Horky on your JUNK MAIL LIST, so that Outlook automatically cut’s off any future mails from him. Simply right click on the mail in the Inbox, then “Junk Email”, then “Add To Junk Senders List”. Then just make sure that you’ve activated your JUNK MAIL filter. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

Just as another addition to this topic. Please check this website: http://spam.abuse.net/ Here you find a lot of information on what to do with SPAMMERS. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster

The funny/stupid thing on all this is that if they want to publish the information about their products available too all the people on this forum and that way go directly to the market they want, they’ve a forum in NOLUG for posting their announcements, without spamming people and allowing the ones interested on it, looking at the information about their products. It’s easier than getting all the available e-mail address from the people and making a batch for spamming all of them… Regards, Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es