what purpose "reservation entry" is used for

Recently I found some error messages about “reservation entry”. Issue 1: when action message is carried out and transferred to req. worksheet,the error message is Qty on per Unit of Measure must be 1. Reservation Entry entry no. is ****,postive is YES. It typically occurs when the purchase UOM is different from base UOM. Now my solution is to delete the related reservation entry, for the field of “Qty on per Unit of measure” can’t be edited. But I am not sure the affect if it is deleted. Issue 2: when PO receipt is posted, the error message is as below: Locatio code must be ***. Reservation entry entry no. is ***,positive is No. issue 3: when posting Output Journal, the error message is as same as Issue 2. In our system we don’t use the reservation. and I want to know how these reservation entries are generated and their purpose. Any ideas? Thanks in advance . (navision 3.01B)

When you assign the item tracking to a line and not yet posted, system keeps those item tracking line info in Reservation Entry.

Reservations entries causes a lot of problems in 3.01. If You don’t use reservations You can disable it all. Use Dev. Toolkit and watch for references to table 337. I think it’s all done by codeunit 99000845. A workaround until You have fixed the code is to delete all rows in table 337. Anyway. The below is from PartnerSource: Issue Error - 'Location Code Must be ‘XXX’ in Reservation Entry, Entry No. = ’ occurs in the Reservation Entry created from Requisition Worksheet because the Location Code is missing. Although the code appears to be there, it has not been validated. Resolution Make the following changes to Table 246 and Report 698. Table 246 (old code) Requisition System - OnValidate() TESTFIELD(Type,Type::Item); CheckActionMessageNew; IF (CurrFieldNo <> 0) AND (“Requisition System” = xRec.“Requisition System”) AND (“No.” = xRec.“No.”) THEN EXIT; Table 246 (New code) Requisition System - OnValidate() TESTFIELD(Type,Type::Item); CheckActionMessageNew; IF (CurrFieldNo <> 0) AND (“Requisition System” = xRec.“Requisition System”) AND (“No.” = xRec.“No.”) AND (“Location Code” = xRec.“Location Code”) AND (“Variant Code” = xRec.“Variant Code”) THEN EXIT; Report 698 Change “Location Code” := SalesLine.“Location Code” to VALIDATE(“Location Code”,SalesLine.“Location Code”); Duplication Steps 1. Create a Sales Order for a Customer. 2. Using any item, select the “Tracking and Action Msg.” in Order Tracking Policy and select a Vendor No. Verify that Requisition System is set to Purchase. 3. On the Sales Line choose a Purchaser Code of Special Order (or Drop Shipment). 4. Access Purchase Requisition Worksheet and choose Functions/Special Orders/Get Sales Orders (or Drop Shipment). 5. Go to Functions/Carry out action Message. (You will receive the error message) Note By pressing F2 on the Vendor No. after the line has been brought in, it will place the Location Code onto the Reservation Entry. This article was TechKnowledge Document ID: 28442