What it is

Hi, Yes What it’s ? Is there any connect between it and Navision or it’s separate project ? thank you

Project Green used to be the code name for an integrated single ERP system, with all best practices out of all MBS products rolled up into one system.

Think Dynamics [:D]

quote:

Project Green used to be the code name for an integrated single ERP system, with all best practices out of all MBS products rolled up into one system.
Originally posted by DenSter - 2006 May 10 : 07:47:07

I would rather say that Project Green is a framework for development of the existing systems, a new GUI and sharing of best practices between the systems. IF we will se one single system from MS that will take time, long time… But it will surely become more and more transparant to the user what system that is running on the server.

Hi all, thank you for your hint a lot . Can we say Navision 5 is the Green project .? Can we say that we need to know c/side and .net programming languages? Can we say that we will have big change in all modules in Naviion? Can we say that we wiil have big change specially in Manufaturing ? Can we say we must know .net language to go through all those changes ? Should Navisionors will be affected in good way or bad way ? Are those all in 2007 or in 2006 ? I will try to know more about it … but if you can help it will be great … or to guide me about the best webpages to read about it ??? I am repeating my thank for every one tries to help me …

All MBS product is part of Project Green. NAV 5.0 is not the final goal of Project Green. Projecy green will continue for several years and affect all four MBS-products.

Project Green does not exist anymore. It has been replaced with MS Dynamics, and the big integrated system is envisioned in wave two of the Dynamics products. As to your questions: Can we say Navision 5 is the Green project .? Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 is the first fully wave 1 compliant Navision version. Like I said project green doesn’t exist anymore, it’s been replaced with Dynamics, and at some point in time there should be some extent of commonality between the Dynamics product. I am sure that even Microsoft doesn’t really know how that will happen though. Can we say that we need to know c/side and .net programming languages? For NAV 5.0 you will still be doing all Navision code in C/AL. You’ll have to know a bit about the .NET framework, but we will not have to become .NET developers to be able to develop with NAV 5.0 Can we say that we will have big change in all modules in Naviion? There’s a bit technical change, with a different architecture, but I think most of the functionality will still be the same. The way that you access the functionality will change a lot though. Someone with experience on current Navision versions though, will be able to do their job with NAV 5.0. It will look different, and the path into various parts of the system will be different, and there will be enhancemente, just like any other new version, but it wil basically still be Navision. Can we say that we wiil have big change specially in Manufaturing ? I don’t think I can say much about whether it is ‘big changes’. I’d say the big manufacturing picture will still work the same, with some of the ‘pain points’ being addressed in some aspects that have known issues. Can we say we must know .net language to go through all those changes ? No you will not have to become a .NET developer to be able to do “regular development” in NAV 5.0. Should Navisionors will be affected in good way or bad way ? Good as well as bad :slight_smile: I personally like the new technology, I like learning new things, but there are also challenges to overcome. Are those all in 2007 or in 2006 ? NAV 5.0 is scheduled for Q1 2007, which means some time in March. This has been moved a few times though, so don’t be surprised if it moves again.