What is the VM Configuration required for D365FO?

Hi DAXer’s,

I am trying to create a VM though a Azure, but am stuck with the dilemma on what parameters i must use to define the machine preparation. Below is the screenshot of the page with which i require your help

Can anyone help me filling these parameters up?

If you’re trying to set up a D365FO, you’re looking at a wrong place. Instead of trying to set up a clean VM and installing D365FO there (which isn’t practically possible), deploy a pre-installed enviromnent from LCS.

That sounds convenient :slight_smile: How can we achieve that ?

First of all, you need to have a kind of license for Finance and Operations - you’re either an end-user company with its own license, or you’re an implementation partner (with a partner agreement with Microsoft).

When you have this sorted, you’ll get access to Dynamics Lifecycle Services (lcs.dynamics.com). There you can create a project and deploy VMs to Azure, or you can download a virtual disk (.vhd file) to set up a local VM.

Hi Maartin,

I have the 1st thing sorted about license. I am unable to see this option - deploy VMs to Azure

I’m sorry, but you’ll have to be much more specific. I can’t help you if you don’t give me enough information.

How did you get the license?

Can you confirm that you have a access to LCS?

Do you have a project? Which type? Is it for F&O?

If you have everything in place (which I’m not very sure about), go to cloud-hosted environments and add a new one. Note that you’ll have to configure connection from LCS project to Azure before you can actually deploy anything.