What is the packing slip on the item arrival journal used for?

Hi,

I entered a packing slip number on the item arrival journal, then booked the arrival journal. I then expected the packing slip number to be pre-set in the ‘Product receipt’ field when posting the product receipt (based on registered quantity) via the purchase order. But it does not show on that field. So my question: what is the packing slip reference on the item arrival journal used for? And should it not be pre-set as the product receipt on the posting screen?

Thanks

Reported this to Microsoft. Apparently there is a fix KB2821219 that addresses this issue. When you book the product receipt, starting from the posted arrival journal, then the packing slip number entered on the item arrival journal will be pre-set in the product receipt field. However, it will still not work when you book the product receipt, starting from the Purchase order form (Receive tab). Microsoft is still investigating if a fix can be made for this as well. Posting the product receipt via the posted item arrival journal is a good work around however.