What is Navision "SOLUTIONS"?

I almost forgot. There was some news at the World Conference. Most of you knows that our dear Navision Financials will be renamed to Navision Solutions 3.00. But did you also know that this name will only last for a few months? Then it will be changed to Navision “something-else-that-does-not-really-mean-something” 3.00. This will happen when they release the first servicepack in August. The new name has not been announced yet - but it will be as good as Axapta. I just don’t get it! Why are they doing this? It was bad enough that they where to change the name to Solutions. But to release the product and then after a few months change it again. IMHO that’s stupid!! Unless they will use millions on the marketing on the new name. It’s hard enough suddenly to have to explain every new prospect about not only Financials (and Solutions and “solutions”) but also Axapta. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

As far as I know, then the name will be changed BEFORE Navision “Solutions” are released. In the future Navision Solutions will be the general brand for all the Navision Products Lars Strøm Valsted Head of Project and Analysis Columbus IT Partner A/S www.columbusitpartner.com

You might be right - I hope so. But what was announced on the World Conference then I only believe that this will be the case for the slow NTR’s - that is the countries that does not get their act together and get “Solutions” localized in time. For the other coutries it was specificly announced that a service pack would be released in August and the prime reason for this service pack was the name change. And that’s besides the fact that they have the will have the name ready next week. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Financials was a great name before Manufacturing, Web shops and other new solution based on Financials. Solution was not the best name, and when they merged with damgaard it was impossible to keep that name because all programs are a solution. I have heard a rumour that the new name will be a combination of two Greeks goddess. Per.Bay@navigera.com Product Manager www.navigera.com

I heard about something like “Navision Atenza”. Don’t know whether it’s true or not. There were already jokes about that name, so I’m not sure that will be it Marco de Vries Navision Consultant/Developer ICM-Solutions

quote:

Originally posted by MarcoV: I heard about something like “Navision Atenza”. Don’t know whether it’s true or not.

Well I hope that’s not true! Atenza might sounds good for a brand of coffee but certainly not for a financials solution, even a 6 years old kid will have come up with some better product name. tarek_demiati@ureach.com

True, but look at what they did when they merged. NavisionDamgaard? Not a very good sounding name either. And what about Axapta, actually it is as good as Atenza. Or as bad as. So nothing would surprise me. Why don’t they just pick up their old us name? AVISTA, making it Navision AVISTA. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Atenza, Axapta, Avista, a rose by any other name. Whatever the new name, Navision will have to give it meaning. Once you get used to it, you won’t really care. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater http://drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News

quote:

Originally posted by Jim Hollcraft: Once you get used to it, you won’t really care.

True. Once you (and the rest of us who already know the product) get used to it then it doesn’t really matter. The problem is that we are not the problem. The “problem” is the people who don’t know neither Navision Financials nor Navision Axapta. But they know Great Plains, and although they officially have two products, then in really everyone knows that they are basically the same product. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

Well, the real problem isn’t “Great Plains” anymore. Now, the brand is “Microsoft.” Currently, Microsoft is advertising “enterprise solutions” on television. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater http://drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News

“Atenza” appears to be a proper name in Spanish. Do a search for “Atenza” on google. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater http://drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News

Wouldn’t that be a good question for a new poll? what should be the new name for Navision Solutions: [] Navision Financials [] some other bulls…t Atenza sounds too spanish AVISTA reminds me on Altavista Finding a name is quite a big issue: It should be an artificial word which doesn’t sound stupid in any language spoken in the navision world. ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

If we could only attain the levels of name recognition of Microsoft in the United States, our superior products will let us attain significant marketshare. We all know that our customer can more easily differentiate themselves and attain their goals with our products. If only Navision could come up with a great name that would help us attain the respect we deserve. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCSE, CNE, MCP, MST aka Skater http://drilldot.com Unauthorized Navision News

The rumor I’ve heard is that the new name is going to be Navision Attain Lars Strøm Valsted Head of Project and Analysis Columbus IT Partner A/S www.columbusitpartner.com

Navision Attain is the new name of Navision SOlutions 3.0. It will use name ATTAIN at the release of 3.01 onwards. Please do not confuse, thus Navision will have 3 product lines: Navision Attain (formerly known as Solutions), Navision Axapta, and Navision XAL. Brgds Mario Kresnadi Singapore goodname

It most be hot in Singapore? Dear Mario - take a look at the other topics. The Navision Online User Group was the first place online that could post the official announcement about the new name. This was don on June 19th. - by a mistake Navision US had released it to their partners in the US - 10 days before Navision A/S - only one day after Lars Strøm publicised his rumour. So people here have been well aware for the name change to Attain for serveral weeks now. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group