What is macro DataContainerTypes used for? Is it just a list of all AOT macros or is it someting else?

In AX 2012 what is macro DataContainerTypes used for? Is it just a list of all AOT macros or is it someting else?

I used to have an error in the class AfDataItemMetaData saying that macro “X” doesn’t exist. There was no “X” macro in AOT. But I saw that this macro “X” was listed in DataContainerTypes macro and when I deleted “X” from DataContainer, error disappeared. So my impression is that AX expects that every macro in the DataContainerTypes should be existing AOT macro and since it couldn’t find the “X” macro in the AOT, it showed the error. Am I right?

It’s not a list of all AOT macros - it’s a list of macros with constants for AIF document services. Each macro there follows this pattern: AxdDCT.

But you’re right that all referenced macros must exist, otherwise you get an error. It’s the same in any code, not just in DataContainerTypes. It seems that somebody deleted the macro from AOT but forgot to delete the reference from DataContainerTypes.