What happens if i reach the end of a number sequence?

my question is posted above.

for sure this is a discussable topic but i was talking with my colleagues and no one can recall that this ever happened to them.

so does anyone know what happens if the last empty number sequence number is used?

will Dynamics start over from the beginning? will there be an error and you have to generate a new number sequence before posting?

i think for the experts in this forum a rather simple question :wink:

thanks in advance

Resets back to the start, so 999999 shows a next of 1000000, but the alphanumeric limitation is 6 and the next new number returns 000001.

I suggest you try it as this could well change by version/release, it is really easy to try, set the next to the last. I would however recommend you analyse the number sequence requirements and set them up appropriately.

ok, i tried it, simply by changing the next number of the number sequence for products:

in AX 2012 there is an error:

number sequence XY has been exceeded. number selection is canceled.

so the system does not simply start over from 1. probably this is because this number sequence is not marked as “reuse numbers” (fast tab references).

@adam “I would however recommend you analyse the number sequence requirements and set them up appropriately” → you are absolutely right but this is kind of a hypothetic question (lunch discussion with colleagues :-))