What do U think about the new design of this site?

What do U think about the new design of this site? [;)]

I have, until now, managed to steer clear of the hideously kindergarten-like design of the Windows XP desktop [;)] Needless to say, I was shocked when all of a sudden, my favourite website came along dressed up like the teletubbies… [:D][xx(]

The old design had a better overview. More lines on one page. As a developer I understand that you want to renew sometimes, but as I user of this website I of course liked the old design better! Like almost every user… [;)]

It’s OK, XP-style is friendlier for new visitors. The button images could be smaller as to save some space, though. And since I just reinstalled Windows XP (because of http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11653) and haven’t yet turned off the Visual Styles, it fits the bill. [:D]

“The best I ever seen” as one vote for now Erik, you was not suppose to vote ! [:D][:D] Remark that I putted 3 “positives” options and only 2 “negatives”.

Hello Heinz, You mean to say you have Teletubbies in Austria?? [xx(]

quote:

Originally posted by EBloom
Hello Heinz, You mean to say you have Teletubbies in Austria?? [xx(]

Hello Edward, Fortunately, my daughter is now too old to keep an interest in watching them [:p] But yes, we had and have them both on TV and as video cassette… [xx(]

My personal vote was Good and not more. As I agree that the Icon’s look a little Kindergarten like - they are too big. And that it due to the change of colors has meant a little in the clear overview. The reason for changing the colors was actually very bad, as it’s because the icon’s didn’t look good on the dark background. But I do like the XP Icon’s as they give especially new users an easier entry to this site. If someone has the time and will volonteer doing it, then I would appreciate it a lot. The icon’s should be smaller (same sice as the small in XP) and they should be usable on both light and dark backgrounds. As a thanks I’ll promote you to become a free Sponsor for a year. You can download the base icon files here: http://www.mbsonline.org/div/xpicons.zip

I like the light blue colour of the header. Perhaps when the icons are made smaller, my orignal vote (“I do not like it”) isn’t correct any more… Where or how did you receive the icons? From Snitz Forums? Maybe they also have the small icons? I think other sites that use Snitz Forums also don’t want such big icons. When your supplier doesn’t have the small icons, I will volonteer to make the icons smaller.

Tino, Thank you I’ll look forward to that. And I guess so are a whole bunch of your co-members.

As Tino, already have commented on, then I’ve played a little with the different colors to get the overview level raised. Personally I think like Tino that it worked… What do you think?

Erik, Where did you get the new icons?

First glance, not too impressive. Next day rather liked it. Sometimes, especially with UI, you have to accept changes, or we would all be sitting in front of a screen with black backgrounds and green text (don’t tell me you’ve set your windows colours to this). Of course, not everyone has caught on to this fact, eh IBM?

quote:

Originally posted by tinoruijs Where did you get the new icons?

What do you mean? You can download the ones used on this site in the reply above here. But I got them here: http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/main.asp?sect=99

quote:

But I got them here: http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/main.asp?sect=99

That’s what I meant. I was just curious. [;)] This weekend I’ll go to work on the icons.

I just noticed the new, small icons! Quite probably they have been around for some time, but right now I actually became consciously aware of them [:I] Great work, Tino & Erik! I like the design a bit better now [;)]

Hey, that’s right! I didn’t even notice. See what conditioning can do? You didn’t actually like it but you got used to it. [;)]

I think it’s because of the subtle size change of the icons. Perhaps if the size was cut in half, you would have noticed it right away.

I’m now almost a sponsor… [;)]

quote:

Originally posted by nelson
See what conditioning can do? You didn’t actually like it but you got used to it. [;)]

Are you talking about the Website or Navision? [:)]