What are you doing?

How are you employed?

In these days of (more) equal opportunity and (occasional) political correctness, shouldn’t that be “one person company”?

quote:

In these days of (more) equal opportunity and (occasional) political correctness, shouldn’t that be “one person company”?
Originally posted by daves - 2004 Dec 14 : 13:32:31

My garbage person & mail person agree with you. but it has to stop when it comes to a “Personhole Cover”[:P]

What would you see as difference between a ‘one PERSON company’ and a freelance consultant?

In my mind a “one PERSON company” is a company/person who mainly works on smaller projects at many clients. A small reseller - often they are dreaming about making it more than a one person company. A freelancer is more a person who goes on projects of a longer duration, i.e. 3-12 months. In this period he/she in general don’t work on other projects or for other customers. But you’re right sometimes it’s hard to differentiate.

quote:

In my mind a “one PERSON company” is a company/person who mainly works on smaller projects at many clients. A small reseller - often they are dreaming about making it more than a one person company. A freelancer is more a person who goes on projects of a longer duration, i.e. 3-12 months. In this period he/she in general don’t work on other projects or for other customers. But you’re right sometimes it’s hard to differentiate.
Originally posted by Admin - 2004 Dec 15 : 11:06:30

[?] hm I’m a freelance and I work on some smaller projects, doing a lot of different things: support, training, development, demo … should I open my one person company? [;)]

quote:

Originally posted by daves - 2004 Dec 14 : 18:32:31

Thanks for the thoughtfulness Dave, [8D] but you can’t please everybody all the time and what ADMIN meant is understood. (Now if they said: “one male company” that would be reason to be concerned. [:(]) Look, women have lived with the word “mankind” for forever and we understand it means women, too. Think about if we were to change that too: humankind - [V][No] that would offend those who think aliens (I’m sorry, extraterrestrials), elves, trolls, or whatever live among us or who think their pets are people too. personkind - [V][No] that would offend those who think they are an ET, elf, troll, or whatever. individualkind - [V][No] individual what? beingkind - [V][No] what kind of being? HUMAN beings? There we go again. [:I][Oops!] it can go on and on…[Sigh…] Have a great 2005! [:D][Yeah!]

And how do you differentiate between the choices “employed in a small/big reseller” and “owner/partner”? For example; i may be an owner in a small reseller or a partner of the bigger reseller…etc.

Hi Erik, Do you have a drilldown of this poll as an outcome or statistics, as per “what percentage of the posts are coming, from which type of members?” Such an announcement may be helpful for more members to join in, if they see that, they can find solutions to their needs. Thank you.