Regarding SOAP and OData Web Services, I would like to know whether the following facts are true or false.
Given Starter Pack functionality, with no extra Development Granules:
- A Full User can publish a page (say, Customer) as a Web Service.
- A Full User can publish any number of pages as Web Services.
- A Full User can create another NAV user (whether Full or Limited).
- When consuming a published Web Service from another software service, a separate NAV user should be created and not be associated with a real person - and this is fine with respect to NAV’s licensing.
- The same as 4, given the following licensing model: Perpetual Licensing with Concurrent Client Access Licenses.
- When read access to the Web Service is sufficient, then the non-person user can be a Limited User.
- A Full User can create a codeunit (in the allowed range of 10 codeunits for the Starter Pack) and publish the code unit as a Web Service.
- Both a Full User and a Limited User can consume a codeunit Web Service, but permission errors will be encountered for the latter if the codeunit deals with data in a table which is not accessible.
In other words, I would like to know to which extent is a customer of Starter Pack (no extra Development Granules) able to integrate NAV with other software systems via SOAP / OData endpoints - from licensing point of view.
Thank you in advance!