Web interface add-on

Hi, everybody! Our team of independent developers created a software engine aimed at working with MS Navision with standard browser IE 6.0., appearance and behavior of interfaces being very similar to standard Navision windows interfaces. It is much easier, more flexible and convenient to convert Navision forms to their web presentations with our application comparing to User Portal. All business logic including users authorization control is implemented in Navision. We would be grateful if you submit your opinion on our application. Test version may be found at http://www.navisionweb.com/webagenteng.htm. You would need browser IE 6.0 to have application displayed correctly.

This is Awesome… Is there any way you can setup a demo site in English… I would love to do some testing and recommend it to our clients…

It looks nice if one can read Russian? We would love to learn more about the architecture of the product. Will you share objects with other Navision Solution Centers? Do you maintain the web interface from within Navision or externally? Have you set any costs for the product, or time to implement?

Wow! This looks great, if only I could read all of it. It will be interesting to hear about the costs.

If i click on the link to the demo i get a blank screen

quote:

This is Awesome… Is there any way you can setup a demo site in English… I would love to do some testing and recommend it to our clients…
Originally posted by mohan - 2005 Apr 04 : 06:15:43

English demo version may be found at http://www.navisionweb.com/webagent_eng/default.aspx

quote:

It looks nice if one can read Russian? We would love to learn more about the architecture of the product. Will you share objects with other Navision Solution Centers? Do you maintain the web interface from within Navision or externally? Have you set any costs for the product, or time to implement?
Originally posted by John Kleb - 2005 Apr 04 : 14:52:33

Our product (spellabs web.agent) is a web solution which provides remote clients with possibility to access Navision interfaces and logic via web. All business logic (including user permission control) is encapsulated in Microsoft Navision. Web.agent application server operates under Internet Information Server control. Communication between Navision and web.agent App. Server takes place via xml-message exchange: requests and responses are placed in queues (MS message queues) and are processed by Navision Application Server. Visual presentation of interfaces is carried out by means of xml/xsl transformation as follows: web.agent server sends to the client a set of xml documents containing corresponding description of forms, data response and metadata (document describing table fields, such as lookup and flow-fields and so on). Browser (Internet Explorer) provides xsl-transformation of received documents and represents appropriate Navision form and its behavior as html. Mentioned xml documents are created automatically based on the text description of Navision tables and forms. For details see http://www.spellabs.ru/download/webagent-book-eng.pdf At the present moment web.agent is a technology which allows us to build Navision interfaces for web access. There is a set of software tools that convert Navision forms and tables to their web presentations. Additionally, some changes have to be made in Navision modules. So, web.agent is rather technology than “box product”. Our standard procedure is as follows: - we receive client’s Navision database backup (it is database structure that we need, not the data) - we receive list of forms and functionality that must be published to web - we perform work on forms conversion for web access and their adjustment - we supply our client with distributive of ready-to-use web application and corresponding documentation and software tools, so that client would be able to adjust web-interfaces independently. About pricing: Implementaion costing includes: - web.agent product price: USD 2 000 - web.agent end user license (time unlimited, for all forms of one company): USD 500 - actual work costs for interfaces publishing: - simple list form: USD 20 (excluding lookups/flowfields) - editable list form: USD 50 (excluding lookups/flowfields) - one lookup / flowfield form USD 20 - card form (excluding lookups/flowfields and function calls): USD 100 - combined form (card + subform) excluding lookups/flowfields and function calls: USD 150 - one function call: USD 50 As illustration, work costs for converting to web main part of Navision module “Sales And Receivables” functionallity amount to approximately USD 8 000.

quote:

If i click on the link to the demo i get a blank screen
Originally posted by ajhvdb - 2005 Apr 05 : 20:21:54

You shoul have MS Internet Explorer at least 6.0 and have latest MSXML parser installed.

I am sorry for not having answered your questions in time.

Vadim, Thank you very much for your answers. They are very helpful. I was able to view the English demo site, but the web link in your most recent technical architecture posting didn’t open. The product looks like fun and we have a couple of potential opportunities for it. Do form and table customizations present any challenges for you and your web enablement?

quote:

Vadim, Thank you very much for your answers. They are very helpful. I was able to view the English demo site, but the web link in your most recent technical architecture posting didn’t open. The product looks like fun and we have a couple of potential opportunities for it. Do form and table customizations present any challenges for you and your web enablement?
Originally posted by John Kleb - 2005 Apr 21 : 14:10:56

Which web link You can’t open? I send all technical information on Your email. There are no problems with form and table customization.