Web Client not open for NAV 2018 CU3

Hello Everyone.

I am having an issue with NAV 2018 CU3 web client. When I am trying to launch it opens the browser and welcome screen but it could not load the company. I have gone through some of the blog but still no luck. :frowning:

Can anyone please help me on this regards?

My car wont start, what is possible wrong???

You gotta provide more information that that, How did you install it, how does the configfile look ligk, what guide did you follow, have you installed a certificate, al purchased certificate or selfsigned? There are tons of questions and answers… .but we all do it for free, so you should at least try to provide as much information as possible.

(You joined more than 8 years ago - so you should really know that information is the key to a fast and correct answer).

Hi Palle,

Thanks and sorry about that. I thought I have pasted the event viewer and config file along with my question. Anyways here is the below config file and event viewer.

{
“NAVWebSettings”: {
“//AllowedFrameAncestors”: [
“Specifies the comma seperated list of allowed frame ancestor URIs when web client is hosted inside an iframe.”,
“The uris can contain wildcards. Example values: \u0027https: mysite.sharepoint.com,https: yoursite.sharepoint.com\u0027, \u0027https: .myportal.com\u0027 "
],
“AllowedFrameAncestors”: "https://
.dynamics-tie.com,https://.dynamics.com,https//.sharepoint.com,https://.office.com,https://.officeppe.com”,
“//GlobalEndpoints”: “Specifies the comma seperated list of global endpoints that are allowed to call this web site. Must include http scheme and FDQN. E.g. “>financials.microsoft.com”,
“GlobalEndpoints”: “”,
“//LoadScriptsFromCdn”: “Specifies whether to load scripts from Cdns. This only applies for scripts that are available from a Cdn, like jQuery.”,
“LoadScriptsFromCdn”: true,
“//AllowNtlm”: “Specifies whether NTLM fallback is permitted when authenticating. To require Kerberos authentication, set this value to false.”,
“AllowNtlm”: true,
“//ClientServicesChunkSize”: [
“Sets the maximum size, in kilobytes, of a data chunk that is transmitted between Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client”,
“and Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server. The value should be between 4 and 80.”
],
“ClientServicesChunkSize”: 28,
“//ClientServicesCompressionThreshold”: [
“Sets the threshold in memory consumption at which Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client starts compressing data sets.”,
“This limits amount of consumed memory. The value is in kilobytes.”
],
“ClientServicesCompressionThreshold”: 64,
“//ClientServicesProtectionLevel”: [
“Specifies the security services to protect the data stream between the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client and”,
“Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server. This value must match the value that is specified in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server”,
“configuration file. Valid options include: EncryptAndSign, Sign, None”
],
“ClientServicesProtectionLevel”: “EncryptAndSign”,
“//Server”: “The name of the computer running the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server to connect to.”,
“Server”: “localhost”,
“//ServerInstance”: “Name of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server instance to connect to (for client) or listen on (for server).”,
“ServerInstance”: “TE*****”,
“//ClientServicesCredentialType”: [
“The type of client credential used for authentication.”,
“Possible values:”,
“Windows - Windows authentication is used, and client will connect with \u0027current user\u0027”,
" this user is expected to be the same and known to both server and client”,
" This is the default mode and is typically used on a LAN with Active Directory,",
" In this mode X.509 certificates are not used and options set below are ignored",
“UserName - Windows authentication on the server. Client is expected to present username/password”,
" indentifying a windows user known (created) on the server.",
" Typically the client will ask for these credentials and pass them to the server",
" Certificates are used to protect the passing of credentials.",
" This is typically used when only the server is part of an Active Directory, or",
" when the client is not trusted, e.g. connection over a WAN/Internet",
“NavUserPassword - Authentication is managed by the server but not based on windows users.”,
" Client is expected to present username/password matching a user known to the server.",
" Typically the client will ask for these credentials and pass them to the server",
" Certificates are used to protect the passing of credentials.",
" This mode is used in hosted environments e.g. Azure where the list of allowed users",
" are maintained by NAV and not based on windows users.",
“AccessControlService - Authentication for the Web Client is handled by Microsoft Azure Access Control Service (ACS).”,
" An ACS namespace needs to be set up before. Also the Identity Providers need to be set up",
" as well as the Relying Party representing the NAV Web Client.",
" To support ACS, you must specify the WS-Federation Login Endpoint in the Dynamics NAV Server",
" instance configuration file (key = WSFederationLoginEndpoint)."
],
“ClientServicesCredentialType”: “Windows”,
“//ClientServicesPort”: “The listening TCP port for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server. This is part of the server\u0027s URL. Valid range: 1-65535”,
“ClientServicesPort”: 8046,
“//ManagementServicesPort”: “The listening TCP port for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV management endpoint. Valid range: 1-65535”,
“ManagementServicesPort”: “7045”,
“//ServicePrincipalNameRequired”: [
“Specifies whether the connection to the Dynamics NAV Server instance requires an SPN.”,
“If true, the connection will only be made to a service with an SPN \u003cServerInstance\u003e/\u003cServer\u003e:\u003cClientServicesPort\u003e”,
“If false, the connection will be attempted to a service with or without an SPN.”
],
“ServicePrincipalNameRequired”: false,
“//SessionTimeout”: [
“Specifies the amount of time that a connection between the Dynamics NAV Web client and the Dynamics NAV Server can remain idle before the session is stopped.”,
“Time span format: [dd.]hh:mm:ss[.ff]”,
" dd: days",
" hh: hours",
" mm: minutes",
" ss: seconds",
" ff: fractions of a second"
],
“SessionTimeout”: “00:20:00”,
“//RequireSsl”: “Specifies whether SSL (https) is required. If the values is set to true all cookies will be marked with a \u0027secure\u0027 attribute.”,
“RequireSsl”: “false”,
“//ShowPageSearch”: [
“Specifies whether to show the search action for finding a page or report.”,
“The action appears in the ribbon and navigation pane of the web client.”
],
“ShowPageSearch”: true,
“//UnknownSpnHint”: “Specifies the connection to the server.”,
“UnknownSpnHint”: “()=NoSpn”,
“//DnsIdentity”: “The DNS or subject name from the server certificate.”,
“DnsIdentity”: “”,
“//HelpServer”: [
“Name of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Help Server to connect”,
“to. The value of the \u0027Server\u0027 setting is used as the default.”
],
“HelpServer”: “”,
“//HelpServerPort”: “The listening TCP port for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Help Server. Valid range: 1-65535”,
“HelpServerPort”: “49000”,
“//OfficeSuiteShellServiceClientTimeout”: “Defines the time Nav will wait for the Shell Service to response.”,
“OfficeSuiteShellServiceClientTimeout”: “10”
}
}

Event Viewer

Server instance: TE*****
Category: Runtime
ClientSessionId: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
ClientActivityId: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
ServerSessionUniqueId: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
ServerActivityId: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
EventTime: ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎11T08:46:49.703022200Z
Message (NullReferenceException): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
ExceptionStackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.Encryption.TenantEncryptionProviderFactory.GetTenantEncryptionProvider(Func1 activeSessionProvider) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.Media.NavMediaStorageHandlerFactory.CreateStorageHandler() at System.Lazy1.CreateValue()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavBackgroundMediaCleaner.CallDeleteForTenant(Object state)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NonReEntrantTimerWrapper.TimerDelegateWrapper(Object state)
CallerStackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NonReEntrantTimerWrapper.TimerDelegateWrapper(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

ProcessId: 3884
Tag: 000004I
ThreadId: 18
CounterInformation:

I can say so much that the is blank - at that is at least one of your problems.

“ClientServicesCredentialType”: “Windows”, - has to be NAVuserPassword

Have you installed a certificate???

I don’t think you have followed any guides about installation of a webclient?

In another system I have installed 2018 CU11 and use the default setup and able to launch the webclient. I have not changed the ClientServicesCredentialType": “Windows”, - to NAVuserPassword.

You have not provided much information about the installation and how the users are supposed to login to the system. Using a webclient with credential type as Windows means that you can only log on to the system if you are on the domain, and have a domain-user-account.

(In most cases that is not the case, and that is why i always says NAVuserPassword and a Certificate (+ it works from “home”/outside the domain).

But again , you did not provide much information to start with about your setup.

I have not used any certificate as of now. However I am trying to access the Webclient from my domain only. Once I am done with that then probably that will be the next step (follow your suggestion NAV USER Password + Cert). I simply follow the standard procedure to install the NAV.

have you tried in any other browser?

Hi Imran

Yes I have tried with Crome but same result.

The standard procedure of installing a webclient is just next, next, next… So that part is easy. If the SAME user logs on to NAV with the windows client how does that work?

Are the Windows client and the servicetier client using the same NAV-servicetier?

Absolutely they can login with Window Client. Yes both are using same

What is the url-string? (because its not a standard installation you have done…)

You have changed ClientServicesPort": 8046,

Have you canged the web.config file???

I have made changes in navsetting file (attached earlier) and even modified the ClientUserSettings file as well.

This is the below web config file

Web.Config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Another typical reason for the web client being stuck on the welcome screen is the browser’s security settings. Make sure that script execution is allowed in your web browser configuration.

I have tried this as well but still no luck. :frowning: