warning while changing sales tax group value of purchase requisition line details in ax 2012

Hi all,

while modifying the sales Tax group value in the purchase requisition line details the warning The value ’ %1’ in field ‘Sales tax group’ is not found in the related table ‘Sales tax group description’ appears and the value automatically changes to the before value by not allowing us to change. Please suggest a solution to solve this issue. in ax 2012

Thanks,

Gopinath

Hi all,
I wanted to know from which table or class this warning comes. Please suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Gopinath

Does the value you are entering exists in the table?
The warning is usual and occurs if you are selecting any values that doesn’t exists in the table and i think the kernel handles the warning.

Hi Kranthi,
Yes, the value is present in the respective table, that is why I couldnt find why this error pops even after the value is present. please suggest a solution.

Thanks in advance,
Gopinath

Are you seeing the value in the lookup?
It is specific to the buying legal entity on purchase requisition line.
Check the buying the legal entity, you can only enter the values from that company.

Yes Kranthi, all the values are present for that legal entity checked that too. Any other solution please suggest.

Thanks in advance,
Gopinath

1. Analyse through debugger
  2. Search LCS to see if it is a known issue

Do you have the problem with all PR lines or only specific?
Look at the relation \Data Dictionary\Tables\PurchReqLine\Relations\TaxGroupHeading and see the related field values.

Hi Kranthi,
It is for all PR lines and the relation used in purchReqLine is with PurchReqLine.TaxGroupDataArea == TaxGroupHeading.dataAreaId and PurchReqLine.TaxGroup == TaxGroupHeading.TaxGroup. Can you suggest how this error originates please.

Thanks in advance,
Gopinath

The relation does the validation and throws the error, if you are selecting a value that doesn’t satisfy the relation.
Check if there is any custom code while validating the fields. Try also checking in LCS for any bugs (as Adam suggested).

Hi Kranthi,

There is a default salestax group set for each vendor , when we remove that then the warning is not shown, whether can we remove that value from vendor details? Please suggest a solution.

Thanks in advance,

Gopinath

That is the default setup for vendor and it will be copied to orders/ journal lines created for that vendor.
Having a default tax group on vendor shouldn’t create any issue.
What steps you are doing? Are you creating the lines in the same legal entity as buying legal entity on PR lines? (as i am unable to reproduce the issue). What is the value in PurchReqLine.TaxGroupDataArea after modifying the vendor account and before updating the sale tax group?

Steps which I am trying to do is I am creating a new purch requisition line for which i edit details, when opening the details form, there is a default value shown for sales tax group always, if I change the value, the above mentioned warning appears and the value changes automatically to that default value. this is what happening, but I want to successfully change salestax group when modifying. SO please suggest some solution how to make it possible.

Thanks in advance,
Gopinath

What about PurchReqLine.TaxGroupDataArea value is it same as the buying legal entity value?

No for the record in which issue is there it is showing taxgroupdataArea as dat and buying legal entity value is 01 both are different and all the sales tax group values in taxgroupHeading are with data area 01. what can be done now please suggest a solution.

Thanks in advance,
Gopinath

That seems to be an issue. The TaxGroupDataArea needs to be same as the buying legal entity.
Try to debug and see how it is set, Tables\PurchReqLine\Methods\setTaxGroup
Tables\PurchReqLine\Methods\setDataAreaForModifiedField

DAT is the shared company, you should not have TaxGroupData (Saved by company) or transactional items in there, just the shared data. As Kranthi says debug why it would reference DAT, it should not be.

Hi Kranthi,
The issue occurs and it is not allowing to change the salestaxgroup value, after selecting other address buttion in address tab and giving ok to some customer address , after giving ok the salestaxgroup changes to the default salestax group which is given for that vendor and then if we modify then that warning occurs, this is occuring due to the code in LogisticslocationSelectForm_PurchReqLine/ method - copyAddresstoCaller , I experienced the same issue in local machine too, anyone can you verify and tell me whether is a problem in DAX for a particular version? Please help with a solution.

Thanks in advance,
Gopinath

I can reproduce it. It looks like a bug. The currency table is not company specific, getting dataAreaId from it may not be correct. Please search in LCS for any bugs. If there no bug, then request a fix from Microsoft.

Hi Kranthi and AdamRoue,
Do we have a hot fix for this issue in LCS Can anyone suggest a hot fix if any please.

Thanks in advance,
Gopinath