Warehouse Management - Ship and Item Tracking

We have discovered a problem in Attain v 3.01B, regarding an item which has Item Tracking switched on, and then shipping this item through warehouse management. To reproduce - follow this 1 - select an item with stock and complete the Item Tracking Code field 2 - create a sales order for this item and then release the sales order 3 - go to warehouse management and select Assign 4 - create a new warehouse assignment and pull in the sales order that you have just created. 5 - then autofill qty to handle and then Create Pick 6 - select Pick from warehouse mgt and go to the pick you have just created 7 - post the Pick (do not ship from here). NB you will be asked to complete the Item Tracking Lines from here - so you must do this before the Pick will post. 8 - now select Ship from warehouse mgt. Filter on the line you want to ship and autofill qty to handle and then Post the Ship. 9 - you should get a message saying Qty to Handle (Base) must be zero. 10 - now check your original sales order - this will show your line as being shipped - but the line on the warehouse mgt ship screen stays there. i.e. the line does not disappear on posting and give confusing messages to user.

Moved to “Attain End User Questions”

Hi Louise At the Navision “What’s New” day for 3.60 they explained that they had completely altered teh item tracking set up because of a “few” issues in 3.01 in this area, I would hazard a guess this is one of them. I cannot run this through in 3.60 because there is no “assigning” as such to warehouse management and I do not know how to get an item/customer to flow through Warehouse Management, otherwise I would have tried it in 3.60 for you. Steve