Warehouse financial dimension with Transfer Orders in AX 2012 R2

Hi all,

We want to record financial dimension with Transfer order transactions. If transfer order is created from SiteA, Warehouse1 to SiteB, Warehouse2, then system shall record an inventory issuance transaction from SiteA, Warehouse1 and inventory receipt at SiteB, Warehouse2.

I have checked and found that AX can manage Financial dimension with Site (inventory&Warehouse management–>Setup–>Posting–>Dimension Link)and not at warehouse. So inventory transaction contains financial dimensioin attached with Site but not warehouse information is recorded.

Can u guide, how we can we attach financial dimension with Warehouse? Is there any way or workaround?

Thanking in advance.

If I rememer correctly, our partner said that hooking financial dimensions to warehouses would require customization.

HI ,

ITS IS A BUG , MICROSOFT RELEASED A HOT FIX FOR IT , PLEASE CONTACT MS .

Thanks,

v.srikanth

We are facing the similar issue while posting the transfer order receiving.

When i post the transfer order receiving system shows the invalid configuration structure error and don’t pick business unit financial dimension which is mandatory. And from GL>>setup>>Automatic posting-error account also picking in this error.

The following things used in configuration and transaction:

1. Item is CW.

2. AP parameter post product receipt in GL option marked.

3. Inter-Unit accounting is used. (Inter-inventory\GL accounts mapped).

4. Only one configuration structure used which is all Main account+all business units (unmarked allow blank).

As per your scenario, error might be due to account structure.

Account configuration structure is very simple as i mention main accounts = ALL and business unit = ALL with only mandatory financial dimension. There is no advance rule applied. I facing this on AX 2012 R2.

Hello V.srikanth,

Do you have a link to this hot fix?

Thanks,

Allen

Dear Allen,

Yes, it a bug but Microsoft has not released any HOT fix yet.
If you can contact Microsoft helpdesk, they might provide you the fix in person.

Regards,
Irum

Allen,

Please ignore my last response as I took your query from some other perspective.

With Transfer order (TO) Warehouse financial dimension is not available in AX 2012 R2 (CU1), this seems a functionality lack. As per my knowledge, no fix is released by Microsoft yet. You may contact Microsoft and check, if there is any.

Regards,
Irum