VT100 Plugin on Win XP Home

I’ve tried to setup an ADCS test system (Attain 3.70 B) on a Win XP Home environment. NAS, CSS services are starting well, but when I try to start the VT100Plugin service it doesn’t start but gives a message: “Service “Navision VT100 Plugin” was started on “Local Computer” and then stopped. Some services are stopped automatically when they are idle, e.g. …” (the original message comes in german…) - there is no error in the application protocol.

My question now: Is it necessary for ADCS to have MSMQ installed? (As is more or less well known, MSMQ is not part of Win XP Home…)

MSMQ isn’t necessary to ADCS

ok, no MSMQ is needed, but has anyone an idea …
“…just what this message means - The end of my hopes, the end of all my dreams…” (Herman’s Hermits - No Milk Today)?

Of course I know, that 3.70 isn’t actually supported anymore in any way, but I guess, trying it with 4.0 may give the same result…

Can you translate error message to try find out a possible error.

Meanwhile I installed the ADCS from Attain 3.70A, Hotfix 15 and it works correctly. No idea what the problem was with 3.70B, but may be the reason is that I have installed many different versions simultaneously on my test system…

Nevertheless, thank you for your response.

Some ADCS versions don’t work out of box. For example ADCS in NAV 4.0 SP2 to work correctly you must install a patch. I remember tat was an error in some 3.70 version most likely was your version.

Yes, you’re right. Meanwhile I found a KB article precisely covering this issue…