Virus warning when send e-mail from navision

Hi, We are using e-mail system to notify specific users if some unexpected event occurred in the system. Now we have installed Office XP and new message appears on the screen when system tries to send e-mail: “A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be virus and you should Choose NO” Is it possible to cancel this message??? Valentin Gvozdev Andel Jewelry Inc.

I remember that I had this problem a while back. But I cannot remember if we changed a setup at Microsoft Exchange level or if I did set a MAPI property in order to not display this message … ###### tarek_demiati@ureach.com

This was part of the Outlook E-mail Security Update that Microsoft supplied after the Melissa worm broke out. Your Exchange administrator will have to work with you to set up the properties that are settable in a special Public Folder called Outlook Security Settings. See this Microsoft kb article that details the changes for developers: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q262701

I could never get it to work, use MAPI instead. Paul Baxter

Only way, you can have this to work, is to install an older version of i.e. Outlook express, or to use a completely other mail-client :frowning: //Henrik Helgesen -: KISS::Keep it Simple, Stupid :-

Is there enybody who can tell us in simple words what we have to do. we read the articles from microsoft but there is no help or we not found. We need an exercise. The sites from this theme (Mapi) is fully on information. But all these information can tell us how it works. But we wont stop this feature. No Popup when sending e-mail it works with office 2000 and it wave to work with office higher than 2000 special thanks [:I] gerd

You can stop it only if you have exchange server. You have to load special form from microsoft website that will allow you cancel this message. You can not cancel this message if you does not use exchage server.

There is a simple bypass. Goto http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm - search for ClickYes or (if possible) use Redemption dll

If you are in an Exchange environment, you must first download and install the special administrative version of the Outlook E-mail security update with a user account that has persmissions to add and change public folders. From there, you will add a post to the created Outlook Security Setting folder detailing the changes. Lastly, and this was the part that I had never realized was necessary until very recently, is that you need to add a registry setting to the client machine so that Outlook knows to check out the settings in the public folder.

I think using Outlook Express, or some other email package has got to eb the easiest solution.

quote:

Originally posted by ajhvdb
There is a simple bypass. Goto Outlook Email Security Update

[:)]If you’re using exchange, this is easy to do.

I know, but thank god not everyone is using exchange…