Version 4 Implementation at Last!!

Hi Chaps, Im about to install version 4 at a client site and have one query. Im concerned that theres no service pack out for it yet when the software has been available since october last year. I have checked partnersource but cannot find any download section for the service packs. The only downloads I can find, is for the full software, or marketing information. Please let me know if Im missing anything!

I believe there’s a hot fix for 4.0 server and client that addresses the unexpected stopping of services.

I cant find it!, but its a sql implementation so hopefully shouldnt apply to me. Just as a matter of interest though, I find my sql sites more stable than the c/side sites (which going back two years I would have told you to get lost!, especially those 2.6 days). Does anybody know if there is a database service pack out?

It’s called ‘Update 1 for v4.0’ – we heard about it here: http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13228 It seems that you have to beg for it, though…

Indeed I beg! but I find no clear url to download this “illustrious” service pack from!. Why do Microsoft not have a url to download these files from (If they do they haven’t told us about it!)

http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13917&SearchTerms=4 and use the link to mibuso

Here’s the official reference in the KnowledgeBase: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;890551 Key phrase:

quote:

To obtain this update, contact Microsoft Business Solutions technical support to request the update that is described in article 890551.

Problem is, that there is no “standard download for HF”. If you ask MS they will send it to you… HF are only on request…

The release is not yet official because of lack of testing. The following explains this as copied from an e-mail from MS: “Hello, The hot fix for your issue has been packaged and placed on an HTTP site for you to download. WARNING: This fix is not publicly available through the Microsoft website as it has not gone through full Microsoft regression testing. If you would like confirmation that this fix is designed to address your specific problem, or if you would like to confirm whether there are any special compatibility or installation issues associated with this fix, you are encouraged to speak to a Support Professional in Product Support Services. The package is password protected so…” If you need the HotFix, just create a support issue, and they will send it immidiately.

Hi Andrew, there are a couple of hot fixes for version 4 avaliable in the UK but as Preben mentioned “you have to ask”. I have had 3 in the last month but only because I reported them to MS. If I remember correctly the HF’s are for : *Too many concurrent users would stop the Navision Service *navision.exe crashing unexpectedly *version 4 incompatibilty with Outlook 2000 and below (this would crash also) if I remeber any more I will post them.

Hi, Anybody already applied this hotfix?? What is the problem you try to solve with this HF?? And what is the result??? We have an deadlock issue on Reservation Entry with Item tracking, i got info this issue solve by this hotfix, i’ll appreciate it somebody already applied this HF can share the experience.

Hi All, I have an issue in version 4.0. We have upgraded Navision from 3.10 to 4.0. Now when we run MRP (in Planning Worksheet → Calculate Regenerative Plan), system is not showing the Reserved Quantity in Sales Order and Planning Worksheet. (There is entries in Reservation Table with Status = Tracking) . Example : Item setup for Item xxx : Replenishment System : Purchase Or Order Manufacturing Policy : Make-to-Order. Reordering Policy : Order. Reserve : Optional Order Tracking Policy : None. We have a Released Sales Order for this Item xxx with Quantity =999 When we run MRP, in Sales Order and Planning Worksheet - “Reserved Quantity” is showing 0. But in 3.10 with same setup, works fine. But if we create a SKU for the Item xxx and run the MRP then Reserved Quantity showing 999 (Version 4.0). Without creating a SKU for an Item, how system will reserved the quantity.