version 2 to 3

Hi, I want to transfert my data from version 2 to version 3. The table that I am have difficulty with is the “item ledger entry”. As you know, version 3 uses other table “entry value” How can I do a proper transfert of data with this table. I am building my dataport, but I dont know how to insert the record for the other tables. Basically, which field would be for which field thank you

Hi You Should use the upgrade tool that is on the CD. It works very well all of the times I have used it. You will also have problems with the detailed vendor and customer ledger tables among others. Why do something that somebody has already done for you. Just one thing the upgrade was service pascked so make sure you use the correct one. Paul Baxter

quote:

Originally posted by triff: You Should use the upgrade tool that is on the CD. It works very well all of the times I have used it. You will also have problems with the detailed vendor and customer ledger tables among others. Why do something that somebody has already done for you. Just one thing the upgrade was service pascked so make sure you use the correct one.

Paul is correct, but there are a couple of North American notes I should add… #1. If you are on a version 2.50 or 2.60 (especially 2.60) Canadian database, you should wait until the Canadian Upgrade Toolkit is released (special consideration for the Canadian Tax fields, etc.) #2. Service Pack B is released in North America, but does not have any bearing on the Upgrade Toolkit in North America according to Navision US. Regards! Kristopher Webb Kelar Corporation, Canada