Vendor open transactions settlement

Hi Forum,

I have one critical issue here could you please some one help me soon.

Explaining the scenario so that you will understand the problem, vendor no is just for reference.

When we run the vendor detail for Vendor code “10343” from AP =>Vendor Detail selecting the “show open only” criteria it shows four lines which total of 4 of them is zero.

When we get the detail of same vendor from vendor detail form =>Function => Open transaction editing it shows 1 line were the amount is zero.

We tried to settled the zero amount with the other lines but we can not do that.

We can see the zero balance in both closed transactions editing & open transaction editing with the one line item…

Please find attached screens for your further reference

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Rgds

Manju

How did you get your system opening balances into the system?

What does it tell you if you try to settle it?

For your first question How dont know how it was done.Tell me how can i check this opening balance transfer in the system.(Like movement JV)

Secondly when we make settlement it not showing anything…nothing is happening…

For your notice :Amount to be settled (Zero) is still there in, “open transactions editing form” & “closed transactions editing form”

My doubt is if it is settled it should be shown in only closed transactions editing same way if it is not settled it should be available in open transactions editing.

Please advise me if this can be removed somehow or its a technical issue?

Thanks,

Manju

For your first question, I dont know how it was done.Tell me how can i check the opening balance transfer in the system.(Like movement JV)

Secondly when we make settlement it not showing anything…nothing is happening…No respond from the system.

For your notice :Amount to be settled (Zero) is still there in, “open transactions editing form” & “closed transactions editing form”

My doubt is if it is settled it should be shown in only closed transactions editing same way if it is not settled it should be available in open transactions editing.

Please advise me if this can be removed somehow or its a technical issue?

Thanks,

Manju

Hope this will help how the vendor opening balance transferred or created.

Refer the screen shot attached further…

It looks like an opening balance of 0 was posted which you cannot do I believe as it causes these sort of issues. You will need a developer to close off the transaction I would guess.

I guess this is the reason.As I can see this has been posted in the year 2011 with some dummy account 999999 that is opening vendor balance.

So you mean to say we can delete this entry? or do we have any other option to clear it off?

When I view this original entry there are some entry with the same voucher no. So please suggest me how to remove without impacting other entries.

Thanks Manju

Hi,

Did you ever manage to resolve this? If yes, how?

Regards,

Michael

Have you fixed the issue ? I’ve seen it a lot in our system last year. it is the round off issue. I had to add codes in several places to fix it. To your problem, you can either delete it or add a ‘Closed’ date to close the transaction.