Validation while importing Records

Hi All, I am making a dataport and i was wondering Whether is it possible to validate the record while inserting it from a dataport. To be more precise…suppose i am inserting records into customer Table and its one of the field has a table relation set. for ex. “Territory Code” Field… Now when i enter some data directly from the table or form,it throws error. But when i import data from Dataports into customer table …It takes value without throwing error.[?][?] Thanks

CallFieldValidate is the property you are looking for. You can find it, for each field, in the Field Designer.

Well my problem is something different…For a TableRelation property we dont write any code on the Onvalidate trigger…isint!!..so i’ll validate the Records which i am inserting through Dataports. For ex. Territory Code" field in the customer table.

quote:

Originally posted by Ashok900
Well my problem is something different…For a TableRelation property we dont write any code on the Onvalidate trigger…isint!!..so i’ll validate the Records which i am inserting through Dataports. For ex. Territory Code" field in the customer table.

You could write some code on OnAfterImportRecord trigger on the dataport. There you could make any validation you want and processing of the data imported. Good luck!

Thanks Nelson. I got your point.

Have you actually tried using CallFieldValidate?

Oh OK, we cross-posted each other [:)]