Validation in the enum field(Axapta)

Hi,

I have one form.In that i added one enum field which contains three elements Earning,Deduction,and Leave encashment.In that while creating the record in that form first i need to choose earning,then deduction,and then leave encashment.If i choose deduction or leave encashement before earning then it should throw the error.I have tried by writing in the form ctrl level modified method but it is not working.Can anybody help me in this.

Pls help me in this.

Hi,

If i understood correctly, on your form when u create a record 1st u will be selecting Earning then after some changes Deduction,and Leave encashment for the same records according to the requirements (it looks kind of workflow). Then it might be required check(validation) of Earning has been selected earlier or not when you are selecting the Deduction and Leave encashment. It means some wher u have to store when ever u have been selected the Earning (may be u can use one new field in the same table and update it if you have been slected Earning, this will be useful for your validation). Againg when u are going to slect the Deduction or Leave encashment then u can check that field (new field introduced) is saying yes, if it says yes then it can allow to proceed for the selection of Deduction or Leave encashment or if it says no then u can throw an error like **’**Deduction,or Leave encashment cannot be slected as earning has not been done yet .

Regards,

Gnanendra.

I have one form.In that i added one enum field which contains three elements Earning,Deduction,and Leave encashment.In that while creating the record in that form first i need to choose earning,then deduction,and then leave encashment.If i choose deduction or leave encashement before earning then it should throw the error.I have tried by writing in the form ctrl level modified method but it is not working.Can anybody help me in this.