V4.0 coming

From a report about Convergence, dated 3/28/03: “Navision’s release 4.0 includes additional warehouse management capabilities and better collaboration tools are also expected to ship in the third quarter of this year.” Anyone have more information to add?

The only news i got are that on 07/15/03 they’re going to release Navision 3.7… but nothing about 4.0… Regards,

I might add that the Convergence report was written by a third party but was referenced on a Microsoft site without comment. My other comment would be that it’s not clear whether the third quarter reference is to calendar year or fiscal year. Maybe there is confusion about the naming of the next release - whether it is going to be called 3.7 or 4.0?

Just got the official announcement of 3.7 release in July. Looks like a good cleanup and some nice new features but definately a “point” release, not a x.0 release. Definately already starting to see MBS influence (or what I presume to be MBS influence) in terms of some focus on user interface rather than technology. As I’ve said before, “Hang on. It’s going to be an interesting ride.”

The most interesting thing will be checking if as they say that will be a zero errors version… they insist a lot on the release document that their first concern on that release (that’s still on beta phase) will be having no errors and setting a quality level… I think that the reason that there going to be no errors is there will be no fixes… but improvements… [:D]… Well, let’s see when it comes out. Regards,

I’m running the 3.7 Beta client now and love it. In North America we’re getting 3.7 on July 14-15th like Spain. Django

quote:

Originally posted by DjangMan
I’m running the 3.7 Beta client now and love it. In North America we’re getting 3.7 on July 14-15th like Spain.

Well… i don’t really know the date it will be released in Spain as i’m now in North America too… [:D][:D]… my post was referred to the North America’s version. BTW… hummm… 3.7 Beta Client…??? humm…