Using temporary table as foundation for flowfield?

I was just wondering if it is possible to use a temporary table as a foundation for a flowfield lookup?

What I’m considering doing is have a small management tool, where we can select a subset of financial entries, and with a few additions inserting them into a temporary table, before allowing the user to drill down in the flowfields of the “report header” (also a temporary table), looking up the entries of the temporary entry table.

It is possible to use a temporary table on a page, and I really just wanted this data to be calculated “on the spot” and not to be stored.

Nobody? :slight_smile:

I have a similar doubt. I am inserting records in a temporary table and I want to a field to calculate sum using flowfield. Is this even possible? I have tried it didn’t work.

You can calculate data OnLookup() trigger.

That’s an old one! But I didn’t really find a good solution to this. It is not possible to use a temporary table as the foundation for a flowfield. And I kind of knew that answer. Was just hoping someone had a solution or answer.

But your suggestion [mention:abb852bb2a68493e808a5a1251d9a8ff:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] was actually kind of what I ended up doing. Just not using an actual flowfield but a global var on the page and a lookup on its trigger. But thanks. [:)]

“Just not using an actual flowfield but a global var on the page and a lookup on its trigger.”

That’s what i had in my mind too.