Using currency in Job Journal

We have a client that wants to be able to use non-base currency in the Job Journal. Jobs, Customers, and Sales Invoices support this, but the Job Journal doesn’t appear to. They want to track resource usage in a foriegn currency for foriegn customers, since they are quoting rates for the foriegn customers in their currency. Does anyone know of a solution already done for this, or what to look out for if I develop my own solution? Thanks in advance. Regards, Mark

Ok, as the cleaning up in this forum continues - i am trying to eliminate posts with no answers. Can anybody help Mark on this issue. Soren Nielsen, moderator Integration/Developer NOLUG

Hi, This is possible. I did this couple of times. Job Journal has fields “Source Currency Code”, “Source Currency Total Cost” and “Source Currency Total Price”. System uses this fields if you post Purchase Invoice in foreign currency directly to Job. It is quite easy to use this fields. But standard navision has Bug: If your Source Currency code equal Additional Currency code system posts wrong values. Valentin Gvozdev BMI Inc.

Mark I think you will have to provide your own solution. Navision jobs & resources are the same as version 1.xx, which was not fully functional or very strong then. So an overhaul is long overdue NS if you are watching! I.E Multiple Budgets and in the customers currency etc: David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk Edited by - David Cox on 2001 Apr 29 09:04:46